Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
This is part of my "finding a substitute for Hearts" phase. I already found some trick taking games that scratch a similar itch, but I also miss the thrill of the "Cappotto" (collecting all the points of a hand).

Any games with a similar shoot the moon mechaninc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Mu
Mundus Novus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diamonds has a shoot the moon mechanic where you get a bonus if you do not win any tricks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chearns
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In King Up!, if you get no points in the third round, then you score the maximum number of points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Friday the 13th players try to avoid bad luck by not taking cards from the central playing area each round. The more you take, the worse your score — unless you manage to take the most of one suit, in which case you get to throw those cards away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
urbanus wrote:
The more you take, the worse your score — unless you manage to take the most of one suit, in which case you get to throw those cards away.
That bit sounds similar to Parade; you don't want to take cards, but if you have the most in one suit, each of those cards counts one point against you instead of the face value of the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:
Diamonds has a shoot the moon mechanic where you get a bonus if you do not win any tricks.
As does 500, although you need to bid it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls