Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking on this to see if we played it correctly. I didn't know which forum to post in since it's a Dark City scheme and a Secret Wars mastermind, so if it's in the wrong spot I apologize.

So for ZGG's masterstrike it says to KO a hero from the HQ and place it next to him for his attack bonus. in Detonate the Helicarrier, however it's necessary to keep them KO'd heroes in the HQ. We just ruled that his Masterstrike was ineffective in that scenario.

Should we have placed the masterstrike card next to him in lieu of the hero? We lost anyway, but it's still a little confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pariah wrote:
Just checking on this to see if we played it correctly. I didn't know which forum to post in since it's a Dark City scheme and a Secret Wars mastermind, so if it's in the wrong spot I apologize.

So for ZGG's masterstrike it says to KO a hero from the HQ and place it next to him for his attack bonus. in Detonate the Helicarrier, however it's necessary to keep them KO'd heroes in the HQ. We just ruled that his Masterstrike was ineffective in that scenario.

Should we have placed the masterstrike card next to him in lieu of the hero? We lost anyway, but it's still a little confusing.

Not sure if there is a hard and fast rule for this, but I surmise that you actually did it right. Schemes have pretty much always trumped Mastermind cards so you have my vote on that you did it correct, but I would like to hear a differing view if there is one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's what I was thinking but it kind of feels different since it completely makes his masterstrike toothless. It may just make me feel that way since it was his first appearance.

But yeah, I'd love to hear alternative solutions if anyone has one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pariah wrote:
But yeah, I'd love to hear alternative solutions if anyone has one.

As a proposed alternative, put the KO'd Hero next to ZGG, then put any KO'd card from the KO pile on the HQ space in proxy. Even if threre are none, you should at very least have the Master Strike you just drew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that's a good idea. For whatever reason (beer?) it didn't occur to me to just use the masterstrike card as a proxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahewlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pariah wrote:

On page 8 of the FAQ under the Clarifications heading is the following:

"Priority of Card Effects:If two card effects conflict with each other, the most recent card effect that came into play takes priority."
The post here is used as reference.

So according to that I would say that since Zombie Green Goblin's masterstrike is the most recent card to take effect the Ko'd hero would go next to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's logical. I just wish it didn't run counter to the scheme.

It seems like there isn't a perfect solution, I guess. I dislike that the zombie mastermind's masterstrike doesn't play well with this scheme because it seems like a perfect match at first glance.

Thanks for all the help on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls