High Frontier Interstellar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Couple of questions, esp Midwife Risk. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Le Nerd
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
a) Promoting a card does not give it "free" resumee-disks, correct? I have to do action "School" to make use of a promoted cards new possibilites?

b) It is actually possible to nano-configure a hull all the way down to <10 mass from >40, if one Eurakas enough robonauts?

c) Can the legacy crew in any way promote, as to avoid alzheimers?

d) Nano-configuration: Is it legal to decommision multiple robonauts who share support?

eg. the simplest case were if I had two robonauts who both needed only 1 term of cooling. Can I discard both robonauts and a single 2 term-radiator?

e) Midwife risk are doubly confused.

1) Its says in text : "If a robot is promoted to its purple side for any reason, then treat it as a human." (would mean any promoted robot can be midwife).

But further down we find: "if a human is decanted with no other alert robotic biotechnician or human aboard, then roll
1d6."

---> The issue with this is that the only robotic biotechnician is a promoted robot, and thus is automatically human. Either the first sentence is blatantly wrong (treat it as humans except they cannot midrobot), or the second is unneccessarily complicated (just reduce to "with no other human aboard") Or instead of using "humans" to suddenly include robots use a new class "citizens". All humans with "human on board" sign are citizens, only promoted robots are citizens (but they are not human). So Citizens can go into vats, but only humans or biotechnicians can be midwife.

2) The midwife risk roll is both stated as to be a > and a < check.

"The decanted human dies if 1d6 is less than its rad-hardness." <<< From living rules, a google document I found in a BGG thread. Phil is at the moment >radhardness). Which is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Nerd
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Thank you. I had a look at 3rd edition rules and am excited! Looks like you closed a lot of loopholes and shortfallings.

As for robots/midwifery:

I am a bit unsatisfied with the way the differences between humans and promoted robots are dispersed trough the whole rules.
I'd love an explicit paragraph "promoted robot follow all the rules for humans. They go into vats, have two actions per round, you halve VP if you use them for beam-breaking etc. Exceptions are: no stress, no midwifery except the biotech smart pets, cannot learn domestics, etc"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls