Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone mentioned if the mini factions have names or not? They seem to be derived from a main runner faction each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Has anyone mentioned if the mini factions have names or not? They seem to be derived from a main runner faction each.
i've been kind of curious about this as well. i've only seen somewhat blurry screens of the insert, so i haven't been able to see if it's addressed there.

everyone seems to just call them Adam, Apex, and Sunny. i've seen some people (and have used myself) Globalsec for Sunny, but Adam and Apex are still as they are.

since it is extremely likely that they are the only runner identities that will ever exist for their respective factions, i think Adam/Apex/Sunny are probably pretty suitable names for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Threadgill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apex has been called out in the previews as a Digital-type runner. Based on that, I assume that the other two also have their sort-of-faction in their ID tag line, so you have ADAM the Bioroid and Sunny the Natural.

Still, even though they have types, I doubt we'll see more IDs in those categories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hooliganj wrote:

Still, even though they have types, I doubt we'll see more IDs in those categories.
which categories? their factions or the subtypes you listed?

there aren't any other digital or bioroid runners, but there are a lot of natrual runner identities already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are not factions in the sense of as a group (like Anarch). I see them more as unique runners. There is only one Sunny, and only one Apex, and I doubt we will ever see a second identity of those factions. In fact, the whole Mumbad cycle has no cards that belong to Sunny, Apex or Adam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The mini factions do indeed have names.

They're called Adam, Apex and Sunny.

That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
They seem to be derived from a main runner faction each.

They're not derived from the main runner factions at all. They were designed from the ground up to be outside the main factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I really wonder is not whether we get more cards for these factions (as it's pretty safe to say we will, albeit in a really spaced out matter), but whether we'll get more identities for them (so an ID that can use Sunny cards without spending influence, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kroen wrote:
What I really wonder is not whether we get more cards for these factions (as it's pretty safe to say we will, albeit in a really spaced out matter), but whether we'll get more identities for them (so an ID that can use Sunny cards without spending influence, etc.)

Did you actually read the press release for D&D? We might never see more cards for Apex Adam and Sunny, and if we do there will VERY few of them. We WON'T be seeing new ID's for these factions - the IDs ARE the new factions. End of.

From the D&D press release:

Quote:
I want to be very clear: we are not introducing a fourth, fifth, and sixth Runner faction to the game. The majority of the support these Runners will ever get is contained within Data and Destiny, and you will continue to see many Shaper, Anarch, and Criminal cards in the future.

emphasis added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Dawkins
United States
Fountain
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CommissarFeesh wrote:
...The majority of the support these Runners will ever get is contained within Data and Destiny...

As a follow-up, before people start wondering what exactly this line means, Lukas has since confirmed that the mini-factions will almost assuredly receive more support (not additional identities) in the future, but there will be zero in-faction cards for Adam, Apex, or Sunny in the Mumbad Cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Anderson
msg tools
Initially I really liked the new runners...and still do...but I wonder now if they should have been part of the old factions. Adam as a shaper. Apex as an Anarch and sunny as a Criminal. They seem almost pointless as they are without receiving much in the way of support in the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.