Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: Crush Them With My Bare Hands Playing Solo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Robbins
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
The Setup for the Scheme 'Crush Them With My Bare Hands' puts 5 twists into the villian deck, but for evil to win 8 Master Strikes have to go off. Playing solo, that means only 6 at most can take effect. I'd think that the scheme wouldn't be usable in solo play but the setup directly specifies to put an extra villain group when playing solo. Am I missing something here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do any villains or tactics become masterstrikes in the new expansion when they escape or when defeated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tcgtycoon wrote:
The Setup for the Scheme 'Crush Them With My Bare Hands' puts 5 twists into the villian deck, but for evil to win 8 Master Strikes have to go off. Playing solo, that means only 6 at most can take effect. I'd think that the scheme wouldn't be usable in solo play but the setup directly specifies to put an extra villain group when playing solo. Am I missing something here?

You're not missing anything. You are correct for regular solo rules. The Advanced Solo rules (from Dark City) have you put in all 5 Master Strikes. I suspect the folks at UDE were so used to all of us using Advanced Solo (and some who do the home-brew Golden Solo) that they forgot about the basic solo rules in the base set. That last part is just me speculating though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Vinyl
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Thud105 wrote:
tcgtycoon wrote:

You're not missing anything. You are correct for regular solo rules. The Advanced Solo rules (from Dark City) have you put in all 5 Master Strikes. I suspect the folks at UDE were so used to all of us using Advanced Solo (and some who do the home-brew Golden Solo) that they forgot about the basic solo rules in the base set. That last part is just me speculating though.

What's "Golden Solo"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here you go!!!

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1200976/golden-solo-ruleset...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Grayson
Australia
flag msg tools
Necro'ing this thread but on topic.

When soloing with official advanced rules using "Crush...", does the Scheme Twist still hit, technically, as a Scheme twist first? The reason I ask is because if so, you have to "discard" a hero from the HQ onto the bottom of the HQ deck if it's a scheme twist.

I assume yes, but the Scheme as written says:

Quote:
This Twist becomes a Master Strike that takes effect immediately.

That could be read that it is flat out a Master Strike (so you don't cycle the HQ.

Not a big deal either way, but would be interesting to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say yes. By turning it into a master strike you are still completing a scheme twist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's actually a really good question! I hadn't thought about it and, I have to admit, I never did the cycling in question because my brain just took it directly to the Master Strike.

All that said, I have to agree with our Green friend and say that, yes, it is a ST before it's a MS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.