Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody have an educated guess of when the two undead expansions will be released? Also, will they both be released at the same time, or will one come after the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They're both listed as "on the boat" so they should show up in 4-6 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
Anybody have an educated guess of when the two undead expansions will be released? Also, will they both be released at the same time, or will one come after the other?

For the first, probably sometime in the next couple months is my guess, but I think it may depend on shipping and such; this year, it seems things have just been slown down a bit on that front.

I would be very surprised if both expansions are not released together, however. Unlike the Daqan/Uthuk with the base set, neither one of them really strikes me as the "core" of the faction and the other as the "expansion" of the factoin. Both sets seem like viable cores to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
joefling34 wrote:

For the first, probably sometime in the next couple months is my guess, but I think it may depend on shipping and such; this year, it seems things have just been slown down a bit on that front.

I would be very surprised if both expansions are not released together, however. Unlike the Daqan/Uthuk with the base set, neither one of them really strikes me as the "core" of the faction and the other as the "expansion" of the factoin. Both sets seem like viable cores to me.

But if they didn't want to sell them separately, why put them in two different containers?
I think it's simply FFG's style to sell things in chunks that don't make sense being sold separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
joefling34 wrote:

But if they didn't want to sell them separately, why put them in two different containers?
I think it's simply FFG's style to sell things in chunks that don't make sense being sold separately.

Not everyone will have the funds to buy them both at once. By splitting them, it's easier on budgets. And some people (maybe a minority) will only want one of the sets, especially if they don't have the Daqan or Uthuk expansions.

I'll be getting both, but I see good reasons for splitting it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cozzolino
United States
Lebanon
Virginia
flag msg tools
sigmazero13 wrote:
DreamStorm wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
joefling34 wrote:

Not everyone will have the funds to buy them both at once. By splitting them, it's easier on budgets. And some people (maybe a minority) will only want one of the sets, especially if they don't have the Daqan or Uthuk expansions.

I'll be getting both, but I see good reasons for splitting it up.

Im in that minority actually. While i really want to get the other expansions at some point i have stayed away from it for now because i am usually playing this with new people and it might seem more daunting to build an army with 2x the units. I also dont want to have just one for the army Im using and not the one they are using as they may cry foul. Having the undead in 2 packs is exactly what i was hoping for. The pack with the archers and death knights mirrors the base set armies perfectly. When the elves come out i will get them as well. Once i have a dedicated opponent, and i feel like painting them all, I will expand my armies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.