Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Collins
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so if you stronghold and need to push a mouse towards its starting edge...

What if the path toward the edge crosses along the newly formed stronghold edge? Also, what if the next corner towards the edge is occupied? Does it go to the next edge beyond that or is only one intersection the max allowable push?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher moeller
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/20073939#20073939

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure how that link answers the question. Can someone answer this?

The link refers to a stronghold pushing a mouse onto the board edge, which is simple and easy to understand.

The question here is about pushing a mouse back from the front of a stronghold to the back of it, both locations being illegal to occupy. Do you continue to push the mouse one more intersection toward the edge? Or do you instead push it left or right?

And also can this chain-push mice like a sword move if mice are lined up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Morrison
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
The chain pushing I think is a yes.

The question we all seem to have is can building a stronghold push a pawn back more than one space if there is a legal open space closer to that pawn's board edge. The rules seem to suggest moving the pawn to that board edge is a priority and should be done, if possible, before moving the pawn left or right.

Just want to know the creator's intent on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Bacci
msg tools
Neato Rems wrote:
The chain pushing I think is a yes.

The question we all seem to have is can building a stronghold push a pawn back more than one space if there is a legal open space closer to that pawn's board edge. The rules seem to suggest moving the pawn to that board edge is a priority and should be done, if possible, before moving the pawn left or right.

Just want to know the creator's intent on this one.

I think is a no instead.

I've just finished to watch all the videos uploaded by Luke and David: they specified that in this scenario the mouse would be captured, that is an illegal move with a Stronghold action. So you just can't build a stronghold if this means that the opponent mouse is pushed against another stronghold nearby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for pointing out that video.

The "Common Questions" video on this game's BGG page from the designers shows the answer to both of my questions.

1) A sword/stronghold push can push a mouse into another mouse, pushing both in a "chain." This chain can include any number of mice and can include your own mice.

2) If you build a stronghold so that a mouse is on one end and needs to be pushed back toward the other end, that is an illegal move, so you would need to push it to the side instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls