Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn» Forums » Rules

Subject: Violinist question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane Allen
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I had a situation arise where I had all 3 of my violinists out at once. If I have someone discard from the top of their deck do I pay 1 mana to do 3 damage or do I just have the ability to pay 3 to do 3 or to pay 3 to do 9?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to pay a basic to trigger each of the different units' abilities, so it's the opportunity to pay 3 to deal 3 lots of 1 damage (resolved one after another).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matchstick has it right. Each card is a separate trigger that must be paid to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also note you don't have to trigger all of them if you don't want too. you have the option of triggering just 1, or 2 or all 3. for each one you trigger you spend I [basic] and deal 1 damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Patten
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can you trigger an enchanted violinist's ability more than once per turn assuming you have enough dice?

Also, if the violinist is exhausted due to counter attack or opponent's ability, can you still use the ability then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dpatten0605 wrote:
Can you trigger an enchanted violinist's ability more than once per turn assuming you have enough dice?

Also, if the violinist is exhausted due to counter attack or opponent's ability, can you still use the ability then?

you can only activate each violinist once each time the trigger happens. as long as you have the dice to pay for it.

when you are exhausted you can only use inexhaustible abilities. I don't have the card to look at ATM but I pretty sure the ability can not be used while exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.