Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been pondering this one from The Broken Token for a bit. But I've no idea if it's pre-planned for space for the expansions.

Today I see this one from Thinker Tinker Maker, but no idea whether it will fund, etc.

I like that the TTM version has the parts marked on the dividers, but it seems less flexible. I also have experience with TBT's other offerings, and have been very happy with their fit and design.

In the end, I figure you either sort on setup or on cleanup, but I'd rather the setup be less of a hurdle, so an organizer makes sense for me.

Experience or opinions on either?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I hadn't seen the Thinker Tinker one, that's kind of nice, but I do have the Broken Token one with the Suburbia Inc expansion and there's still plenty of room to grow. I'm really happy with it. Here's a picture I just took of it with the base + first expansion if you'd like to see how much room there still is, I don't think Suburbia 5 star is going to fill it up either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Schwenksville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firm believer in foam core

Based on tile counts five star can fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Percival
Australia
Bendigo
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Broken Token one (just arrived on Monday) and I am quite happy with it. More than enough room for expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set is in baggies for now. I got some 1/4" MDF and plan on using some plans I found to make an organizer out of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam K
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the one from Go7Gaming and it's got tons of room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do these organizers have to stay horizontal? How do they fair vertical?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine sits vertically on my game shelf and I've never had a problem with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a kickstarter right now from Thinker Tinker Maker (a new company). He has some nice additions that are unique to their design like etched symbols on the dividers and it also works with the box store vertically. Plus they are only $23 shipped:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thinkertinkermaker/thin...

http://thinkertinkermaker.us/suburbia-board-game-insert/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the Broken Token insert and I have Suburbia, Inc. and 5 Star and the Essen expansion in the box and there is still room left for another expansion. Truthfully, you probably can't go wrong with either insert, but the Broken Token insert is available now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bet he's lots of fun at parties.
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
stevecorby wrote:
I use the Broken Token insert and I have Suburbia, Inc. and 5 Star and the Essen expansion in the box and there is still room left for another expansion. Truthfully, you probably can't go wrong with either insert, but the Broken Token insert is available now.

I ended up picking up the Broken Token insert... I feel like none of them really get it 100% right (I like the etched symbols on the TTM one, and some of the stuff in the Go7 one), but the Broken Token one was closest to my needs.

If the Thinker Tinker one had adjustable dividers I'd have probably gone for that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
stevecorby wrote:

I ended up picking up the Broken Token insert... I feel like none of them really get it 100% right (I like the etched symbols on the TTM one, and some of the stuff in the Go7 one), but the Broken Token one was closest to my needs.

If the Thinker Tinker one had adjustable dividers I'd have probably gone for that one.

Same here. I also didn't want to wait months for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also just got the Broken Token one and am very happy with it. It fits 5-star great too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.