Subject: Argh is for Awful! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
Pirates of the Caribbean DVD Treasure Hunt
A Game of Pirates for 2 to 4 players
By Imagination Entertainment

Well alright, the game isn't completely horrible as I did rate it a 6.3. But, I suppose as time continues the rating will only get worse as I get more frusterated with this luck-driven game.

Pirates (as I'll call it from henceforth) does come with some very eye pleasing, sturdy components. The metal pirate ships and roll up treasure map board are two of the games best components, while the wooden dice are also a nice touch.

Pirates is a treasure hunt dvd game with gameplay lasting much longer than expected -- up to an hour. The dvd component drags the game down expontentially, while it's pure luck driven factor is another serious mistake.

During each turn players will move there pirate ship up the number of spaces they rolled. After that they can, if they wish, insert there coordinates into the screen on the dvd to recieve yet another random factor. Sure, the islands to add some minigames to the mix, but most time, they're truly boring. The goal of the game, however, is to complete the mission directed to you by your card -- whether it be collect 30 gold, 30 silver, or 30 rum -- it doesnt really matter. Battling also supposedly plays a factor in the game but each game that I've played battling hasn't occured until you're trying to stop someone from reaching there designated winning coordinates.

All in all, Pirates is a decent game if you can get over the random cards, dice rolls, and slow dvd element -- 3 things that I just can't handle in this game.

My Rating: 6.3
BGG Rating: 4.98

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.