Dorasure» Forums » Rules

Subject: Obstruction tokens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raymond Lee

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't able to get an accurate translation of these tokens. Does anyone know what they do exactly?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristina Fuentes
Spain
Rubi
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in the same situation soblue using any translator over the original japanese rules just throws out nonsense...
Chris Bogert says this on his quick review of the Fangs expansion:

"#1. 騒々しい浮遊霊(Wandering Ghost) quest: Combat 3, Success: you gain 1 obstruction token. Fail: Lose 1 resource
Also when working cooperating, all participating characters get the resulting penalties. " , but it's still unclear to me what effect do the tokens have on you.

Also, when you assist someone to do a quest, what do you actually do? add your dice pool to the other player's roll? I can't find it anywhere in the translated rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Lee

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea I looked everywhere to no avail.. I should ask my japanese friends to see if they can translate hm..

To answer your question, you combine the rolls for both characters together. For example let's say a particular quest requires you to have 3 success rolls for combat. You're playing barbarian who has 4 combat and your teammate is playing prince who has 1 (I think? I dont have the game with me at this moment). You would roll your 4 and teammate would roll his 1 and you would combine the total score.

If the total score is 3 or above, you complete the quest. If it's 2 or less, you put the respective number of success token flag things on it and count those as successes when you attempt the quest again.

Hope that helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An obstruction token is placed on your character sheet. The next time you get to do a peak roll, you roll one less die for each obstruction token, and then discard them.

Edit
One more precision : whatever the number of obstruction tokens, you can never roll less than one die for a peak roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.