Risk» Forums » General

Subject: Competitive Risk/ Play for Real Money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lowery
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
So, once a month me and 4 of my buddies manage to all get online at the same time to play a game of Risk. However, this is not your ordinary Risk game. With each of us paying a "buy-in" of $20, the winner pockets a cool $100.

These games are sooo fun and intense, that I want MORE. Therefore, I am hoping to build a community of avid Risk players who'd like to put their money where their mouth is.

We have been playing Risk: Factions on Steam, but considering the game cost $10, I have searched long and hard for a suitable free-to-play substitute. I have discovered that Warlight is the only suitable option. With the correct settings, you can nearly replicate the Classic version of Risk, albeit with some subtle differences. Of course, if there was a group of players who would like to purchase Factions through Steam, that would be even better! It is endlessly more entertaining and strategic. Warlight actually does have an option to play for money, but it is all 1v1, which is boring. For this reason, hardly any of the players in their massive community actually play for cash.

Games will always have at least 5 players and almost always consist of random placement of initial territories and armies. This is the most fun and competitive way to play. Buy-ins will always be a minimum of $10, with the pot being $50.

You will need a PayPal account to play. You don't know me, so yes, there is the risk that I steal your $10 and this whole post is a scam. On the other hand, you may end up playing many glorious games of Risk. If you have an interest, email me at cj.lowery@yahoo.com with the subject of "Risk for Cash".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just a heads up...check your system structure and local laws VERY carefully (I would suggest consulting a lawyer), as the degree of chance in a gane of Risk could push this under the definition of "gambling", and therefore possibly illegal. Involving players from across the country and possibly even international means you have to be even more careful.

I like the idea...just make sure you cover you a** before you get started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls