1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » General

Subject: Will this be classic or nuTrek? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Bateman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The logo looks kinda nuTrek to me, but most of the previous Wizkids Trek stuff has been old school. Does anyone have any insight about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Rookiebatman wrote:
The logo looks kinda nuTrek to me, but most of the previous Wizkids Trek stuff has been old school. Does anyone have any insight about this?

Star Trek: Expeditions is the Abrams Trek...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mention of the "alliance" between the Federation and the Klingons leads me to believe it takes place during the Next Generation timeline...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also mention the Borg as enemies which are definitely not part of the nuTrek world yet. The mention of a known wormhole really makes me hopeful for DS9 stuff. Especially since the Klingon federation alliance was a big part of that show as well.

My best guess is each captain or ship can be from a different era and plays out differently based on your ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Glez.
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that they cover all possible eras. It would be awesome if we can captain the Enterprise-A, Enterprise-D, the Defiant, The Voyager...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Miller
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am hoping since they have fleet captains they will stick to that side of the stories. Please! As well as attack wing too. Please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Look
United States
Coventry
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love classic Trek and Abrahms Trek. It is possible. Excited for the game either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would there even be enough material in the JJverse to fill out a game let alone a run of expansions.

I hoping for 'real' trek universe setting. I'll be bankrupt when a TOS expansion comes out. Must have fist fights and alien girls to kiss. Oh and ripped shirts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The logo text is similar to both JJ and TOS style fonts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Bateman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wrrlykam wrote:
I hoping for 'real' trek universe setting. I'll be bankrupt when a TOS expansion comes out.

Seconded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"Gird Up Your Loins, Like a Man!" ~God to Job
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmb
New, old, and mirror. Then you could play 3 player competitive and everyone could be kirk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Mosier
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
New, old, and mirror. Then you could play 3 player competitive and everyone could be kirk!

win
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volker Hirscher
Germany
Oftersheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nuTrek? nuCrap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they'll add some stuff from the animated series, like they did in ST Attack Wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Inguanzo
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:

Or a two player game and both could be Kahn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Could be both the classic or new Kirk, but my money is on the new one. Remember, there's still a third movie coming out.

Let's hope that Picard will be arriving in an expansion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
The pen is mightier than a really small, blunt, and foam covered sword.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why they can't cover every trek eventually with this game. The Star Trek universe is ripe with alternate realities, wacky timelines, etc... That said they will probably start with what they know will make money, so I would expect JJ's Trek first. My biggest fear is that they use movie and show stills instead of actual art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geek Scribe wrote:
My biggest fear is that they use movie and show stills instead of actual art.
Now I am seriously scared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
"We're put on this earth to do a job. And each of us gets the time we get to do it. And when this life is over and you stand in front of the Lord... Well, you try tellin' him it was all some Frenchman's joke." ~Betsy Solverson
mbmb
Geek Scribe wrote:

Yeah. I hate when pictures are used from a movie or show in a game. Give me art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Yeah. I hate when pictures are used from a movie or show in a game. Give me art!
Agreed.

To elaborate on my previous post: movie stills are always looking extremely cheap and lazy, like they took a screenshot while watching the DVD.

Every game that does that always looks like a fan-made prototype to me.

There is a very small grey area to this though: if well-staged photos are used like they are made for promotional material, it can theoretically work. But even then, it only works to some degree, meaning that the whole game should not look like a cheap sticker album.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
Geek Scribe wrote:

I disagree for Star Trek. I really enjoy seeing the screen stills, its like reminiscing. Related to that, I really hope this guy ends up in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Kyur wrote:
Redward wrote:
Agreed.

To elaborate on my previous post: movie stills are always looking extremely cheap and lazy, like they took a screenshot while watching the DVD.

Every game that does that always looks like a fan-made prototype to me.

There is a very small grey area to this though: if well-staged photos are used like they are made for promotional material, it can theoretically work. But even then, it only works to some degree, meaning that the whole game should not look like a cheap sticker album.
Graphic design from WizKids is a thing to behold. I'm sure they will do their, um, best?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
That looks better than the photos used in Fleet Captains but that isn't saying much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
I'm sure you already know what will happen:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CBS has access to HD images. They just need to dish them out to the designers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |