Legendary: Secret Wars – Volume 1» Forums » Strategy

Subject: beating fragmented realities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I don't have secret wars yet, but have been thinking about how to beat fragmented realities. I thought i would try the easiest set up i could think of, to account for the scheme being a pig, so i played:

Mastermind: Red Skull
Villains: Skrulls, Marauders, Maggia Goons.

Then i was hand picking heroes, to see if i could find a combination that could crack it. I figure what you need most is cards that will give you relatively high attack for low cost, so you can quickly build enough attack to take out each villain as they appear. Then you just have to hope you can build to a point where you can take the mastermind and a villain out in one turn.

First try: Cyclops, Collossus, Elektra
I was doing ok, until i drew a scheme twist, was over pretty quick after that.

Second try: Spiderman, Symbiote Spiderman, Gambit
Lost even more quickly, couldn't generate enough attack early on.

I am going to keep trying, be interested to hear of anyone else cracks it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If nothing else, it is refreshing to lose against red skull (though saying that he beat me the other day when I played him with legacy virus and the evacuate the wounded challenge mode).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't red skull bring Hyrda with him?

then you get two or three copies of the one that plays two cards when you fight it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
We defeated it yesterday in a four player game. There were 13 KOed non gray heroes. The mastermind was Nimrod and the heroes were Angel, Bishop, Iceman, Magik, and Wolverine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
Wouldn't red skull bring Hyrda with him?

then you get two or three copies of the one that plays two cards when you fight it.

Did wonder that, but solo rules say to ignore the 'always leads' ability. It doesn't say not to do this when there is more than one villain group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
We defeated it yesterday in a four player game. There were 13 KOed non gray heroes. The mastermind was Nimrod and the heroes were Angel, Bishop, Iceman, Magik, and Wolverine.

I suspect this scheme is slightly easier with more players though, as you between you, you have more chances to defeat a villain before it escapes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny English
msg tools
Try using all 3 spidermen (regular, symbiote, ultimate)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mundane wrote:

So how'd you do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
DiggetyDog46 wrote:
Mundane wrote:

So how'd you do it?

We concentrated on defeating the next villain who would escape. My son in law built a deck centered on Magik gaining a lot of Sidekicks (on one turn he played seven Sidekicks) that could generate the attack and recruit needed to defeat Nimrod. He got him three times and my wife defeated him once. My wife's villain deck nearly ran out before we won. She was the only one to draw both twists and she had several Emissaries of Evil in her deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Masten Jr
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used all 3 Spidermen (Spider-Man, Symbiote Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man)
Mastermind was Red Skull leading the Skrulls
Henchman was Maggia Goons
Additional Villain group was MLF

I attempted the construct the easiest setup possible because of the difficulty of the scheme fragmented realities.

Both times I played I defeated the Mastermind with 3 non grey heroes KOd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ovi Matteo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I never played it, but off the top of my head I would try my luck with Domino and Wolverine (X-Men and X-Force). I would use Multiple Man as the henchmen.

I need to quickly trim my deck and purchase good cards for a relatively low cost. Also, I believe it helps to have heroes that allow you to draw extra cards. In the first rounds it is a must.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just had another try with Cyclops, Collossus and Elektra, played final blow and I won with a score of 50 and only 2 KOs. Key is stack your deck with cheap attack cards early on. A little luck helps too, eg drawing the bystander as one of the two villain cards after a scheme twist so no one escaped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.