Subject: Point defense rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zdenek Hostalek
msg tools
Hi I have a question about point defense:

Imagine situations:
1)
My enemy have a missiles in all three type (with different initiative) of ships.I have not any missiles, only point defense.
Enemy shoots all his missiles against my fleet and I can destroy them with my point defense.

2)
If I also have some missiles (with initiative between two enemy ships)- it could be probably like that: The highest initiative (enemy) shoots missiles - I use point defense (all cannons from all ship classes). Then I fire my missiles. and finally my enemy shoots again missiles from another ship class - I use again point defense (all cannons, all ship classes). Correct?

In rulebook however is stated, that I can use point defense against every enemy ship class separately. Does it mean, that I use all my cannons (from all ships of all ship classes involved in the battle) against enemy ships of single class, and then again all my cannons again missiles from another class etc.?
And what if the all enemy ships have the same initiative (or higher initiative than mine)? Shouldn't they fire against me in the same time? (thus I would use point defense only once against all missiles)?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Riekkinen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Zdenek 11 wrote:
2)
If I also have some missiles (with initiative between two enemy ships)- it could be probably like that: The highest initiative (enemy) shoots missiles - I use point defense (all cannons from all ship classes). Then I fire my missiles. and finally my enemy shoots again missiles from another ship class - I use again point defense (all cannons, all ship classes). Correct?

yes

Zdenek 11 wrote:
In rulebook however is stated, that I can use point defense against every enemy ship class separately. Does it mean, that I use all my cannons (from all ships of all ship classes involved in the battle) against enemy ships of single class, and then again all my cannons again missiles from another class etc.?

Yes. In core rules page 18 "You simultaneously roll dice for all your Ships of one type.". So even with same initiative ships, enemy has to fire one type at time (and you answer to each with Point Defense).

Zdenek 11 wrote:
And what if the all enemy ships have the same initiative (or higher initiative than mine)? Shouldn't they fire against me in the same time? (thus I would use point defense only once against all missiles)?

If enemy has same init with many ship types, s/he has to choose which one to fire first. If you both have same init, the init draw is decided by defender firing first as usual.

-----

So
1) Enemy rolls for one ship types missiles.
2) Enemy allocates the hits
3) You roll for point defense for all your cannons (all ships)
4) You remove allocated hits
And so on for every ship type enemy has.

So usually you remove hits just enough for your ships to survive. Point defenses routine makes is very strong in large battles against enemy missiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls