pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
I bought the compendium of the 1st edition.

How to adapt this to the 2nd edition ?
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
Descent 1st edition and 2nd edition are completely separate games.
They have common theme, take place in the same fantasy world and you can use the same miniatures in both. But there similarities ends.

I don't think that anyone tried to adapt quests from first edition to second edition rules cause their core gameplay is completely different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex
France
flag msg tools
not meaning about the tiles which are totally different and not compatible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ultra Magnus
United States
Granville
OH - Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm just a soldier. I can't be a leader.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceRik wrote:
I don't think that anyone tried to adapt quests from first edition to second edition rules cause their core gameplay is completely different.

WOAH! You sir are forgetting about my Legendary Play Variant Rules, which include rules for playing first edition quests using the second edition rules. The one additional hang up is that if you do not have the first edition tiles, then you will have to approximate the map as best you can with the second edition tiles.

Have fun with your first edition quests, and let me know how it goes if you use my variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
percepter wrote:
IceRik wrote:

WOAH! You sir are forgetting about my Legendary Play Variant Rules, which include rules for playing first edition quests using the second edition rules. The one additional hang up is that if you do not have the first edition tiles, then you will have to approximate the map as best you can with the second edition tiles.

Have fun with your first edition quests, and let me know how it goes if you use my variant.

thank you percepter !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ozga
msg tools
mbmb
percepter wrote:
IceRik wrote:

My lord, I would like to sincerely apologize for my untruthful post.
My loyal spy (google) had no information about your excellence, or maybe i asked wrong questions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls