Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for this game are printed on cards, which I understand from a production perspective. However, it can be irritating to fumble through the cards to find a particular point that has come up in play (and I get that it's a simple game) - is there a downloadable set of English rules that can be printed? Thus would be easier to parse when required.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Marshall wrote:
The rules for this game are printed on cards, which I understand from a production perspective. However, it can be irritating to fumble through the cards to find a particular point that has come up in play (and I get that it's a simple game) - is there a downloadable set of English rules that can be printed? Thus would be easier to parse when required.
From another thread:
Re: Where to buy it?
gobi wrote:
Hi Louisa!

Sorry for the delayed reply, but you can also find those rules in PDF format here: http://www.drivethrucards.com/download_preview.php?pid=13906...

Thanks so much for buying Kigi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Solis
United States
Durham
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I really need to upload that PDF to BGG. Sorry about that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's a 13 page pdf with the card-sized image on each page. Is there any way that can be consolidated so that it prints off as one or two pages?

I like this game very much, but the rules format on the cards is bothersome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
That's a 13 page pdf with the card-sized image on each page. Is there any way that can be consolidated so that it prints off as one or two pages?

You should be able to tell your pdf program to print multiple pages(of the original file) per page(in actual paper).
I'm not sure if you mean that, or a different arrangement of the rules so that if works better in A4/Letter size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
Celinashope wrote:

You should be able to tell your pdf program to print multiple pages(of the original file) per page(in actual paper).
I'm not sure if you mean that, or a different arrangement of the rules so that if works better in A4/Letter size.

I do a lot of PnP, so yes, I do know how to do this. However, not everyone does. And it would be easier to have one or two sheets, nicely laid out, along the lines of the French translation of the rules. I don't think it is asking too much of a designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Leonard
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will soon upload a copy of a one-sheet rules outline I made by just printing out the main rules cards 9-up on a single page. It can be folded up and stuck in the box with the cards easily enough.

With Daniel's permission, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
Phelanpt wrote:
Celinashope wrote:

I do a lot of PnP, so yes, I do know how to do this. However, not everyone does. And it would be easier to have one or two sheets, nicely laid out, along the lines of the French translation of the rules. I don't think it is asking too much of a designer.
My apologies, I had recognised your name and avatar, but hadn't realised from where. If I had, I wouldn't have posted the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Solis
United States
Durham
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all! Very sorry I didn't subscribe to this thread and missed the follow-up comments! There is now a two page PDF in the files section with each of the rules cards presented front-and-back now side-by-side. Hope that is more useful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls