Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just awarded mb! Yay me!cool

However, I can only count 466 posts (467 with this one). Please help me understand how this is rewarded.

I was under the impression that only the posts listed under Board Game and Site Forums

I think the wiki says that image comments, guild forums and geek list contributions don't count.

Both Board Game Expansion and Board Game Implementation don't count since those contributions are already included under Board Game.

If you look at my contributions page, that leaves very little to make up for the 40ish posts I thought I was missing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect some other contributions, such as images, are counted towards it, but may also be due to post edits and deleted posts still counting.

After 10000 it will be out of sync anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
If images counted then I would have had the reward 10 images ago. Counting edits seems like cheating in my opinion.

Counting deleted posts seems like a more probable "loophole" in the system, but I don't remember deleting that many posts either. Very strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I count 502 total
... I did not count Board Game Expansion posts
(I think these are also included under board game)

board game = 228
publisher = 1
board game implementation = 33
site forums = 240

edit: counting board game implementation posts may be wrong
... it does get the count to 500 for the Lvl 3 poster MB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
postm wrote:

However, I can only count 466 posts (467 with this one). Please help me understand how this is rewarded.

I was under the impression that only the posts listed under Board Game and Site Forums

I think the wiki says that image comments, guild forums and geek list contributions don't count.

Both Board Game Expansion and Board Game Implementation don't count since those contributions are already included under Board Game.

If you look at my contributions page, that leaves very little to make up for the 40ish posts I thought I was missing.

I think something happened on May 4 2014. When I logged on that morning I found that I had suddenly received the level 15-17 badges all at the same time. I think what it is is that the posts against "Board Game Implementation" are being counted to the total, but these have already been counted against "Board Game" and so are being double counted.

Looking at your profile, you have (by my count 470 posts) and 33 under Boardgame Implementation. Adding these comes to 503.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
stargate wrote:
I count 502 total
... I did not count Board Game Expansion posts
(I think these are also included under board game)

board game = 228
publisher = 1
board game implementation = 33
site forums = 240

edit: counting board game implementation posts may be wrong
... it does get the count to 500 for the Lvl 3 poster MB

Board Game Implementation is also included under board game as far as I cn tell. Maybe that's where the bug in the system is? If Board game implementation posts are counted twice, that would make up for the lost posts exactly.

I can report the bug now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
I game...
badge
...and I'm a gnome.
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveD wrote:
postm wrote:

I think something happened on May 4 2014. When I logged on that morning I found that I had suddenly received the level 15-17 badges all at the same time. I think what it is is that the posts against "Board Game Implementation" are being counted to the total, but these have already been counted against "Board Game" and so are being double counted.

Looking at your profile, you have (by my count 470 posts) and 33 under Boardgame Implementation. Adding these comes to 503.

Your numbers are sound. I should have read all replies before posting my post above blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls