Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: greylag's Star Realms BGG League reports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I played in the BGG Star Realms league last season, and am playing again this time through (sign up to the waiting list! it's great!) and have been writing up match reports for most of my games. Remy recently suggested I put them together in a geeklist, so here it is:

greylag's Star Realms BGG League reports

Quote:
This geeklist is a compilation of my match reports, following me through successive seasons of the BGG Star Realms league. The reports start short but gradually grow to encompass early and significant buys (though I believe all early buys are significant), flow of the game, key plays, strategy and neat tricks, and occasionally theme.

I'm not a top player - on the app, at the time of writing this header, I'm level 10, and that's about representative (though I think I'm a little better at the paper game). The analysis here is my analysis, based on my understanding of Star Realms, so when you read one of these reports, you're following my thinking through the game.

The way you have to think about Star Realms when analysing a match is essentially that you have to take it seriously, as if there is a structure and an art to the game. Which I believe there is, or I wouldn't be playing it! I've learned a lot from writing these reports, and I hope readers of this geeklist get something out of them too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will just say that I highly recommend these reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.