Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey H
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure how widespread this sale is, but I was in Books-A-Million in Madison, AL yesterday and saw several games in the 50% off bin. Several games on the shelf had a 30% off sticker. A few others had a slightly reduced price marked on them. I may have to check back in a little while to see if they follow the B&N red dot sale pattern. I didn't find any that I wanted for the price I wanted, but someone else may if it's a widespread sale. With a membership you also get an additional 10% off.

Here are some I remember:

50% off bin
X-Files (IDW board game)
Sons of Anarchy (who hasn't had this one on sale?)
Firefly Yahtzee
Walking Dead Bang
Halo Bang
Smart Ass Card Game (normally $10)
Some licensed version of Ouija

Marked 30% off on the shelf
Camel Up
Ghost Stories

Individually marked down items on the shelf (not amazing)
Rampage ($40 I believe)
Krosmaster Arena (can't remember the price)
Escape: Curse of the Temple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Beware because some of the prices are inflated above MSRP before the "discount." One glaring example was Camel Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
Beware because some of the prices are inflated above MSRP before the "discount." One glaring example was Camel Up.

Of those on the list, my BaM only had Camel Up at 30%. The rest were not on sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lost Spy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice find, but I really dislike BAM and recommend not giving them your business:

1) If you look, their Christian book section is ENORMOUS while their feminism/LGBTQ section is significantly smaller than any other bookseller.

2) Their prices are inflated.

3) They have a history of being one of the worst companies to work for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Couch
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol. I just couldn't go to a book store with a small feminist/LGBTQ section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If Christian book sales do more for BAM's bottom line, so be it. It's not like feminist/LGBTQ literature is otherwise unavailable.

Let's try the old switcheroo on this comment.

Lostspyder wrote:
1) If you look, their feminism/LGBTQ section is ENORMOUS while their Christian book section is significantly smaller than any other bookseller.

Does that look as judgmental to you now as your original comment did to others? I am neither a christian nor a feminism/LGBTQ and I do not like either group pushing their ideals as the gospel, or telling me I need to support one side or the other.

Can't we all just get along?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, what the hell. I don't got that long of a lifespan anyway...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lostspyder wrote:
Nice find, but I really dislike BAM and recommend not giving them your business:

1) If you look, their Christian book section is ENORMOUS while their feminism/LGBTQ section is significantly smaller than any other bookseller.

Best job I ever had, even though it was minimum wage. If I could afford to live off what I made, I would be back there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
donovan loving
United States
Elgin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
So much to play
mbmbmbmbmb
Without dragging this into troll fare, about half the population of the United States identify as Christian...and some single digit number as one of the acronym identifiers. Would that not logically justify having an enormous Christian section compared to acronym? I would further suggest that if more books were requested in a category, it would behoove any company to bolster their bottom line by bringing in more shelf space for that. Not doing so is at their own peril. Boycott or don't, I think your second reason was a wonderfully accurate one, and in my opinion be the primary reason to engage or disengage in commerce with any entity. The third reason seems moot, since the people who work at BaM are not forced to continue their employment for any reason other than the convenience of getting paid outweighs the inconvenience of finding another job that may be worse. Employees can also change a company by becoming former employees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Lara
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Normandie
My local BAM has Heroes of Normandie for $30 which was too good to pass up. Also saw Villainy for $20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the summer they had some widespread board game sales. Me and some friends from another state picked up Survive for $25

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron Haycraft

Louisville
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The BAM near me has a huge Christian section, only hires people who are Christian, and is constructed only from lumber that has been blessed by the Pope himself. If a gay person walks in, the employees are required to yell at them and kick them in the face.

But I did get Quarriors there on clearance for $20 so that's cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
msg tools
Been wanting Camel Up cheap. I'll have to check the next time I'm in BAM.

Nabbed Survive earlier in the year(fun family game). Bought and later returned the X-files game based on feedback here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wheeler
United States
North Logan
Utah
flag msg tools

Lostspyder wrote:
1) If you look, their feminism/LGBTQ section is ENORMOUS while their Christian book section is significantly smaller than any other bookseller.

What's the Q stand for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not Quarriors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hall
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was one of the most entertaining things I read today ... Thanks for the laughs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
limalima wrote:
My local BAM has Heroes of Normandie for $30 which was too good to pass up. Also saw Villainy for $20

Is that the Books-a-Million in Arundel Mills Mall? Did you notice if they had any other copies of Heroes of Normandie?

(I kickstarted it, but wouldn't mind snagging more boards and pieces for that price.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lostspyder wrote:

Bigot confirmed.

Lostspyder wrote:

It's retail, of course they are.

Lostspyder wrote:

As opposed to other retail gigs? Based on what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls