Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wydraz
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think The Whole Damn 'Verse vinyl game mat will sell much. It's just the same board with a few tweaks.

I would have definitely ordered it if it was a scaled down version of the board. If it were 60-80% the size of the original board it would be a huge space-saver!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Boyle
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will probably buy it but I have to agree scaling down would be awesome to save table space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Large is better for me. Too many things are being squeezed on to small objects with even tinier text these day. A pain for my poor failing eyesight.

But yes it is a monster of a board. Just as well the wife bought a bigger table in the spring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
“It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game.”
badge
“Failure isn't bad if it doesn't attack the heart. Success is all right if it doesn't go to the head.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, it's a big board. Thankfully my table had just enough room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jin Kapagami
Norway
Trondheim
Sør-Trøndelag
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For me the biggest issue with the board as it is, is that it doesn't quite match between the boards. My OCD kicks in and I really really hate that when I see it. Fortunately, the gameboard is most of the time filled with action. It will however be great to get a board that sticks together, especially when thinking of Higgins.

As for size; how are we going to have the Alliance cruiser pay a visit to the three captains digging for Inara at Osiris if the board was smaller. This is a big game, in every aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hmm, what if they included a new COMPLETE professionally redone RULEBOOK covering ALL expansions, integrating complete FAQ along with a single Storage Box capable of housing all elements of the entire monstrosity even if your cards are in sleeves and you have all the resin ships!!! I'D BUY TODAY!!!! What the Heck!!!

Better Yet, MAKE THE GAME FOR PC and put all your gear away!!!

If you think this cant be done, check out the digital version of the game TALISMAN on steam. Its fantastic. My kids and I have never gone back to the physical game.

FIREFLY THE GAME DIGITAL FOR THE WIN !!!!

SHINEY!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan A
United States
flag msg tools
wydraz wrote:
I don't think The Whole Damn 'Verse vinyl game mat will sell much. It's just the same board with a few tweaks.

I would have definitely ordered it if it was a scaled down version of the board. If it were 60-80% the size of the original board it would be a huge space-saver!

I already have it pre-ordered, but yes. It would have been nice to have it scaled down to maybe 80%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
here's an idea LOL we need a TRAVEL VERSION for the car!!!!devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls