Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Morasse
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone is looking for a way to store their trait cards from the first edition, they all fit very nicely in the plastic bag holding the thick flight card from the expansion...I just can't get rid of them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Rich
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not get rid of them. From what I found as I just un-sleeved my first addition set because I thought there were some changes to them only to find out that the cards all have the same exact food values on them. In my opinion and from the games I have played I am keeping mine around so that I can substitute in cards with lower or higher food values to better balance the game. I really like Evolution the game but the times I have played it there has always been plenty of food in the watering hole. I think the cards have too high of a number on some of them. I have been working on and just about completed another expansion for evolution. Two new species board types 8 new traits that work with new species and old 5 new event cards and the ability to play with more than 6 players. I am printing the new cards this weekend then going to my game night on Tuesday for some sample plays and peoples thoughts. But also being able to go to more players is another plus to hang on to those first edition cards. Adding some of those into the mix should change things up a bit. If things go well I will try and work with NorthStar and see if we can work out a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RoselawnRich wrote:

<snip>... the times I have played it there has always been plenty of food in the watering hole. I think the cards have too high of a number on some of them.
Wow! Really? You must play with a really nice group! For me, the food in the watering hole rarely lasts longer than round #3 or 4!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
RoselawnRich wrote:

<snip>... the times I have played it there has always been plenty of food in the watering hole. I think the cards have too high of a number on some of them.
Wow! Really? You must play with a really nice group! For me, the food in the watering hole rarely lasts longer than round #3 or 4!!

Wow, you must play with a somewhat nice group. In the office, it is not uncommon to run out of food on the first round!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, we tend to have a lot of species with low population scores because of it
 Thumb up