Hide
5 Posts

Eldritch Horror: Strange Remnants» Forums » Rules

Subject: About Handcuffs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gerardo Paz
msg tools
The handcuff asset allows you to spend a focus to defeat a monster with a toughness of 2 or less. Is that in reference to a monster's total toughness or current toughness?

Say if a monster (which had an HP of 4) was brought down to 2, can an investigator use handcuffs against it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toughness is a fixed number. Damage does not deduct from toughness, a monster is specifcally defeated only when famage exceeds toughness (not toughness = 0) The only things with variable toughness are cultists and epics. Tldr: toughness does not equal health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iswearihaveajob wrote:
Toughness is a fixed number. Damage does not deduct from toughness, a monster is specifcally defeated only when famage exceeds toughness (not toughness = 0) The only things with variable toughness are cultists and epics. Tldr: toughness does not equal health.

I don't have the game with me at the moment, but can't toughness be reduced by Advancing the Current Mystery in certain circumstances?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S
msg tools
mbmbmb
jindianajonz wrote:
iswearihaveajob wrote:

I don't have the game with me at the moment, but can't toughness be reduced by Advancing the Current Mystery in certain circumstances?

Yep, but Epic Monsters can only be defeated when they have lost health equal to or greater than their toughness, so fortunately Tony Morgan can't throw handcuffs on Yig and defeat him even if Yig's toughness is 2 or less. .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
"Current Toughness" is not a thing, that would be hit points.
Epic monsters cannot be discarded or autodefeated by effects anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.