Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone be willing to check that indeed I am missing a batch of cards from my base set?

I just bought this from our FLGS today and I think I am missing a pack of cards. I have an email set to go to customer support at paizo games, but I want to make sure I am indeed missing something and you think this picture shows that.

Also, if you think there is a better way to ask for a new set of the missing cards, please let me know.

Not mad, slightly upset. I wanted this game, my 15 yo wanted Rivet Wars. I won, but we both lost. Thankfully we also bought Alchemist today and that took up THE ENTIRE DAY learning and playing.

Any help is welcome,

Thanks!

CaptM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Ugh-help needed: duplicate/missing cards
I posted a card list in the files section.

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/93853/card-inventory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your fastest option is to exchange at the store your bought it from. They can return the defective copy to their distributor, who can return it to Paizo. You get your fame quickly, the defective product gets returned.

If for some reason that won't work, Paizo customer service will get you the missing cards. They have excellent customer service and I am sure they will make your game whole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
Your fastest option is to exchange at the store your bought it from. They can return the defective copy to their distributor, who can return it to Paizo. You get your fame quickly, the defective product gets returned.

If for some reason that won't work, Paizo customer service will get you the missing cards. They have excellent customer service and I am sure they will make your game whole.

I'd rather get the cards. Don't want to take the money from the store. I'll see if I get a reply from Paizo on Monday, else I'll take it back.

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is noble of you, but you won't cost the store any money. You give the store your defective copy, who in turn gives you a complete copy. The store returns the defective product to their distributor, who in turn gives the store a credit for the product return. The distributor returns it to Paizo, who in turn gives the distributor a credit for the product return. Everyone is made whole, and you have your game quickly.

But, like i said, Paizo customer service will also fix it for you.

Good luck on your adventure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
That is noble of you, but you won't cost the store any money. You give the store your defective copy, who in turn gives you a complete copy. The store returns the defective product to their distributor, who in turn gives the store a credit for the product return. The distributor returns it to Paizo, who in turn gives the distributor a credit for the product return. Everyone is made whole, and you have your game quickly.

But, like i said, Paizo customer service will also fix it for you.

Good luck on your adventure!

All true but if you go through Paizo there's a high probability of free promos!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at your photo, and vaguely remembering how the game was packaged, yes I'd say you're missing one or two packs of cards.

Starting with the good: your Armor from Magic Shield onwards, Items, Allies and Blessings all look correct.

On the left-hand side of your photo, you have a duplicate pack that contained Barriers, Weapons, Spells, and Armors up to Magic Leather Armor. You definitely should only have one Bastard Sword and one Warhammer +1.

You are missing Characters (character card, role card, token card), scenarios, locations, villains, henchmen, monsters, and maybe some Barriers if there were any before Collapsed Ceiling.

As I recall there was a thin pack of about 15-20 character cards, then a pack of ~100 cards containing the rest of the above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mench
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!! I did get an email back from customer support and they are sending me another set of cards.

I'll change the heading to SOLVED.

Thanks again for the help.

M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls