Popular Tags: [View All]
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am 50% of "The Game Doctors"; we are two friends from Berlin, Germany, who enjoy playing board games. This hobby has spawned another hobby for us: designing laser-cut inserts.

At the moment we are presenting our prototypes. One of them is for LCGs by Fantasy Flight Games.

We added this insert to our line-up on short notice, so there are no photos yet. But I'd like to show a 3D rendering and give some facts about the design.

Cards in FFG sleeves can be stored in up to 20 compartments (for the insert comes with 16 dividers). Smaller sleeves or no sleeves at all also work, of course. As an option one can give up two of the card compartments and add a token box instead (as is the case in the picture).
The token box has a lid and two tiers with removable dividers. With them one can create 4-8 token compartments as needed.
About 750 sleeved cards will fit into this insert.

It is compatible with:
- Android Netrunner
- Call of Cthulhu
- Game of Thrones 1.0
- Lord of the Rings
- Star Wars
- Warhammer Invasion
It can also be used with Dominion and most likely other card games we have not checked out yet.

We want to make our inserts the best they can be, so we would really appreciate some feedback from the BGG community!

Thank you!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudi Grossholdermann
Germany
Kamp-Lintfort
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shut up and take my Money :-)

Nee im Ernst, ich würde 4 Preordern, 2 für meien 2 Boxen HdR udn 2 für meine 2 Boxen Netrunner.

Just send me the price, shipping and PayPal invoice :-)

Nice work, take care
Rudi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Rudi!
I just sent you a geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
There's lots and lots of box dividers being produced these days. What makes your system different, or superior than others on the market?

Looks good so far.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
doodlezook wrote:
There's lots and lots of box dividers being produced these days. What makes your system different, or superior than others on the market?

I can not answer for Falko, but for me having someone from Europe able to provide box inserts where
- I don't have to wait several weeks or
- pay big shipping costs or
- even going to the customs
is always a great thing. And so far it looks like the first one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hendrik F
Germany
Frankfurt
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also like to buy 2 of them.
Where can I order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dj sabor
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested if the prices beat the Broken Token's product, but it seems like that might not be an easy thing to achieve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doodlezook wrote:
Hey, Shawn, you are right ... the number of people with the means and the interest in producing game box inserts is increasing. But it's still far from being a widespread thing. So as Matthias is pointing out (thanks for jumping in ) we, the Game Doctors, plan to target the European market, where it is quite costly to get an insert right now as you have to import it from the US.

To answer your question: with an insert like this we will probably not set ourselves apart. Form follows function and the design here is quite straight-forward. But we have some inserts in our line-up with more unique design choices. And we think they can hold their own.

In all our designs we are following three goals: speeding up setup, protecting components and integrating the insert into the game. The last part does not work with every insert (look at this one) but with most. We tend to design a lot of removable trays so customers can practically take the insert apart and arrange it on the table as they like. We intend for out inserts to facilitate the game itself, to reduce organizing and increase gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fabelkey wrote:
I would also like to buy 2 of them.
Where can I order?

Great to here, Hendrik!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djsabor wrote:
I'd be interested if the prices beat the Broken Token's product, but it seems like that might not be an easy thing to achieve.

Well, I can't go into details about prices and marketing as the COC of this forum does not allow it.

Let's just say we will be able to compete

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jage
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are your plans for LCGs that clearly will (or already do) over-run the core box?

I think you might garner more interest/sales if you have either a modular set-up or a custom-solution apart from a core box insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R W
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Falko,

I would be interested for inserts for a complete Star Wars LCG collection (2 core sets, all deluxe expansions and all force packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jageroxorz wrote:
What are your plans for LCGs that clearly will (or already do) over-run the core box?

I think you might garner more interest/sales if you have either a modular set-up or a custom-solution apart from a core box insert.

This is something we are definitely thinking about!
We have been able to make new photos:

In this case we would basically just replace the original cardboard box with solid outer walls, a bottom and a lid. This would also be the chance to change the dimensions a bit, so we would have three row of cards side by side.

Would you be interested in something like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grakhirt wrote:
Hi Falko,

I would be interested for inserts for a complete Star Wars LCG collection (2 core sets, all deluxe expansions and all force packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer and have three rows inserts for my netrunner. So if you can do those I think it would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R W
Germany
Ulm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Yes, that set-up would be great for all LCGs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, three rows would be neat! Unfortunately with three rows there would not be enough room for sleeves anymore.

And we think that most people interested in an insert for their card game also sleeve their cards. So we created the solution you see here.

We are thinking about offering this insert as a self-contained box at a later point (as a single wooden box). We would be free of the restraints of the original cardboard box and definitely go for three rows then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
gfseris wrote:
And we think that most people interested in an insert for their card game also sleeve their cards. So we created the solution you see here.

Only an assumption based on your preference.
I would prefer three rows for unsleeved cards as well. And imho you should offer them as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkpact wrote:
Only an assumption based on your preference.

It actually isn't, as we are occasional sleevers at best.

The overwhelming feedback we got with all our designs so far, is to make sure that premium sleeves work. So this has become one our basic rules when designing a new insert. But I see that in a case like this it can be perceived as a disadvantage for a non-sleever.

We will look into making a variant of this insert for unsleeved cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Thorpe
United Kingdom
Birkenhead
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 3 row ones for my ANR boxes that do fit KMC perfect fit sleeves. As I double sleeve everything (for ANR) what i take out the box to make a deck from, get sleeved properly in KMC Hyper Matt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SHAWN WHITE
United States
JANESVILLE
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Shut the fuck up
badge
Whatever
mbmbmbmbmb
gfseris wrote:
doodlezook wrote:
Hey, Shawn, you are right ... the number of people with the means and the interest in producing game box inserts is increasing. But it's still far from being a widespread thing. So as Matthias is pointing out (thanks for jumping in ) we, the Game Doctors, plan to target the European market, where it is quite costly to get an insert right now as you have to import it from the US.

To answer your question: with an insert like this we will probably not set ourselves apart. Form follows function and the design here is quite straight-forward. But we have some inserts in our line-up with more unique design choices. And we think they can hold their own.

In all our designs we are following three goals: speeding up setup, protecting components and integrating the insert into the game. The last part does not work with every insert (look at this one) but with most. We tend to design a lot of removable trays so customers can practically take the insert apart and arrange it on the table as they like. We intend for out inserts to facilitate the game itself, to reduce organizing and increase gaming.

Awesome! Thanks, mate. Didn't realize you were in Europe. And I'm all for competition, especially when it results in better products, and, to a lesser degree, better pricing for the end user.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Jäger
Germany
Berlin
Deutschland (DE)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb