Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone in the Metro Vancouver, BC area, one of the long time FLGS, Imperial Hobbies in Richmond, is moving and has a 25%+ off sale on all regular prized items in the store between Aug 14th - 20th.

As an FLGS, their prices are a little high normally compared to on-line deals and I haven't gone yet to take a look, but I'll probably check it out in the next day or two and see if anything is worth noting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great store but I'm sad about the move. It was so close to the Sky Train Station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2d20 wrote:
Great store but I'm sad about the move. It was so close to the Sky Train Station.
Agreed. Not sure why they're moving away from such an accessible location. I used to be able to hop on the Skytrain from work in Downtown and go there on an extended lunch. Not anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnel B
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stopped by today and the game section didn't have a great selection left (well.. nothing I was looking for) They had about half to 60% of what I remember them regularly stocking. I'm not sure if they are restocking during the sale.

I have a feeling that the building may have jacked up rent or may have been sold. I noticed at least one other store having a "relocation" sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey C.
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The mall that Imperial Hobbies is in has been sold by the city to a developer, so all the businesses in that mall are closing by the end of the month.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
Canada
Metro Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Went today on my lunch to take a look. Selection isn't great, but there are some good deals to be had. Picked up their last copy of Steam on the shelf for $39 CDN (25% off), which is a good deal. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls