Subject: Finding miniatures for warband rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Cantwell

Central Point
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious if anyone had any suggestions on where to find miniatures to create warbands for Frostgrave. I understand there are official Frostgrave miniatures however I am not a huge fan of the sculpts themselves. I know that Games Workshop would be an easy choice because of their Warhammer Fantasy line. However, I was hoping there were some other alternatives out there. As of now, I have some Reaper Bones miniatures I might use but wanted to see if there were any other possible box sets/packs that might work as well in creating my warbands. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For generic warriors you could look at Wargames Factory Hammer of the Gods. 32 minis for around $20 is awesome.
http://www.wargamesfactory.com/webstore/hammer-of-the-gods

Black Tree Designs has a wide variety in fantasy and feudal that would be great as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Sounds like you're familiar with Bones - the Reaper website store has a really nice search function to help you find the figure that's perfect.

e.g., here's a handful of thieves for your warbands...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Yarborough
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I plan on using Zombicide Black Plague figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warlord Games, Perry Miniatures and Mantic also have multipart plastic figures.
The first two are of the historic variety, and Mantic is fantasy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lawson
United Kingdom
Tamworth
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's so many manufacturers of minis that you could use. I've gone for a Japanese/Horror/Black magic style group, so I've combined miniatures from the Malifaux and Bushido ranges.

Here's the warband in it's current undercoated stage (bonus foxes were from some other range I forget)

Have a look about for any fantasy figures and you'll be sure to find a wealth of things to inspire a wizard and group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
The box of soldiers for Frostgrave look awesome, are customizable, and are reasonably priced. With that said, Reaper Bones is a good economical solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i plan on using my skaven warband for melancholic reasons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are the Pathfinder and D&D pre-painted figures. Admittedly since there is rariety, what you get is random. This isn't a great option unless you are already buying them.

I'm using an assortment of GW and Ral Partha from my own RPG days. I am planning some themed warbands and will use historical plastics. For an Middle Eastern warband, I will use Gripping Beast Arabs, and for a Mongol warband, Fireforge Games Steppe Warriors. Both companies produce other plastic medieval kits, so you could field a Viking or Frankish Crusader warband if you liked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ancestral Hamster
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've composed a list of 28mm plastic pose your own {PYO} miniatures kits. Here's the link:
[Links] Alternative Plastic kits for Variety and Kitbashing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrett Lee
msg tools
I bet Malifaux has some great minis for this. I'm also considering GW, Reaper, and even Zombicide Black Plague h
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric sickafoose
msg tools
I am using all of my descent figures. The ones from second edition are a little smaller than the ones coming out in the monster and hero packs but you get everything from skeletons, dragons, mages, gorillas, nagas, constructs, and the added benefit of having another game system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.