Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really love a deluxe, even slightly-larger-than-necromancer box for Darkest Night. I have the Necromancer bundle but with my storage tray, and all the expansions I can barely squeeze it all in the box. I feel like I am going to damage components trying to force the box flaps closed.

A deluxe, heavy duty top-close box meant to fit everything with room to spare would be awesome!

Or if there's ever a third or big-box edition maybe we could get this as an add-on for existing customer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uffe Vind
Denmark
Juelsminde
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I may have a better idea. Victory Point Games recently had a successful KS project, where they did the third edition of Dawn of the Zeds, maybe the could the same with Darkest Night. Imagine the luxury component all stashed inside one box - I'll dive right into that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a new edition with a proper game board (and larger) and better quality cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artemus Maximus
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the bundle the had with base game and first 2 expansions. I also got the necromancer bundle so id have 2 boxes to put everything in. All the carda, hero sheets, and standees are in one box, and everything else including the dice tower permanantly constructed, 20 chessex dice, a bunch of glass stones for activated cards, and XP tokens are in the other, with room to spare after the 4th expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pericles Boutos
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I had done for me by a bookbinder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ridley Bojangles
United States
Cape Elizabeth
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that's a slick box! Maybe I should just make my own as well.

As far as 2nd edition goes, I'm sure they will do that eventually. It makes sense to attract new customers. But for me, I'm totally satisfied with this edition. I just thought they might be able to use their new DotZ production partnership to get us a conventionally produced game box.

I pledged for the DotZ Kickstarter. To me that game got a huge makeover with 3rd edition. New art (to equal the art of Darkest Night) and much needed streamlining of what seemed to be a fiddly system.

But Darkest Night already has pimpin' art, and it's pretty much as streamlined as I can imagine it being without losing its essence. Never mind the $100+ I've invested in what I have.

Now, give me some multiple foes, in addition to necromancer, and I *just* might be interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pericles1958 wrote:

Any chance they take online orders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pericles1958 wrote:

That book/box looks superb - I'll second Donny's suggestion and ask if that bookbinder might take further requests?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Along with a new bigger non-pizza box, I'd like to see some sort of organizer. There are several companies making laser-cut wood organizers to fit different game boxes these days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There are several companies making laser-cut wood organizers to fit different game boxes these days.

You would probably need to acquire those separately, no?

Alan Emrich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either way. Once a new box was available and the dimensions known, then we could beg companies to come out with an insert to fit it.

Or, VPG could work with one of the divider companies to offer them together. This eliminates the begging step, and may reduce the cost a bit not to have to pay two separate shippings. Also, they may have feedback on what dimensions will work best.

It is difficult to develop an insert for the current box because the lid tucks into the box - this makes the dimensions more difficult to establish and requires leaving some extra "slop" space unused I think.

I'm considering looking into using an insert in some other game box and migrating my Darkest Night stuff into there as an interim solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a test, I tried fitting Darkest Night into an LCG box with dividers.

See here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1458443/darkest-night-divid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Keegan
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To go with the deluxe box, a manual that integrates all the expansions and a reference sheet would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PaweĊ‚ Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you say for deluxe box in quality of Teomachy box?
CLICK

I am working on it... But i lack the skills to finish it:
Components inside

It has enough space to store few more expansions, including new map or whatever. Inside we have something like 31x23cm and almost 10cm height.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leigh Keegan wrote:
To go with the deluxe box, a manual that integrates all the expansions and a reference sheet would be great.

I'm surprised nobody has uploaded an integrated reference sheet yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls