Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm running a PBF game and we are on Quest 2 of the base game. My Heroes have just rescued Sir Ragnar and are asking me if they can use a healing potion on him. I can see the rationale for banning the use of healing spells on him: they specifically say they only target Heroes, and Sir Ragnar is not a Hero. However, the wording on the healing potion seems to leave it open.

If I allow it then I need to decide what Sir Ragnar's max BP is. What do you think, would you allow this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As no Body Points are given, the Healing Potion will not work. When players ask why tell them ...

"Sir Ragnar, having survived more battles than most men have heard tales of, has never touched a single drop of a Healing Potion. It was this amongst other glories that lead to his knighthood in the first place. What is not commonly known is that Sir Ragnar is highly allergic and will die within minutes of ingestion of a Healing Potion."

After that there are no more questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, very well put!

bonus XP for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malechi wrote:
As no Body Points are given, the Healing Potion will not work. When players ask why tell them ...

"Sir Ragnar, having survived more battles than most men have heard tales of, has never touched a single drop of a Healing Potion. It was this amongst other glories that lead to his knighthood in the first place. What is not commonly known is that Sir Ragnar is highly allergic and will die within minutes of ingestion of a Healing Potion."

After that there are no more questions.

He doesn't drink Healing Potions,

He drinks

Gin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malechi
United States
Clearlake
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mixykym wrote:
He doesn't drink Healing Potions,

He drinks

Gin

Wouldn't that be vodka?

Considering a Ragnar is made with Absolut Kurant vodka, Rosie's lime juice and 7Up ...
*hic*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toco
Belgium
Oost-Vlaanderen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
badge