4 Posts

Ca$h 'n Gun$» Forums » General

Subject: Homemade Godfather Retheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Lein
msg tools
THE GODFATHER: CRIME PAYS
Back in 2013 (before the 2nd edition came out), I had heard about this game everywhere and was looking to buy it. After numerous failed attempts at doing so, I decided to take matters into my own hands and just make it. I wanted to put my own spin on it, so I decided to retheme it to my favorite gangster film.

With most of the cards, like the one above, I just took each card and put an image from Godfather in the background. Some of the cards, however, were not that simple...

For the super power variants, I had to get a little creative. For each character included in the game (of which there are 10), I included a regular character and a super power character.

For the Informant variant, I just followed the same pattern as the other cards...

Here are some of the other cards/tokens I made.
This was my first of many rethemes I made for games I could not acquire.

Because I'm such a cheapskape, I just printed fronts and backs on cardstock, taped them together and put them in card sleeves. It seems to work fine for me for all of my rethemes, but I'm not that hardcore anyway.

Just wanted to see what people think about this. Finally got around to posting it. Thanks!

-CDog

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good man working on a western re-theme myself

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolette Tanksley
United States
Jackson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool - when I heard about this game, Godfather and a Western shootout were the themes that first came to mind. If you don't mind sharing the files I'd love to try this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lein
msg tools
I'll see if I can find the time to put them up. I've been off the Geek for a while but I'm dusting my account off and trying to get bck on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.