Subject: Newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Rogers
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
Hi,

Just bought 3 cores. Do you have any suggestions for an initial decklist?
Looking to start with dark elder and marines.

Any advice would be appreciated

-david
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Gaia
France
Asnières
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Being a Geek is a sure sign of a sound mind, cause it means you think that life as it is is dull and should be more interesting. Which it is.
mbmbmbmbmb
Resell it all: it's too late for newbying now. Too late... Too hard... Too furious.

No I'm joking: welcome! You'll see the game rocks.

Try DE, focus on emptying your opponent's hand and resources, base your first deck on the Siren and you'll have a ball. (just my two cents, there are plenty other options!!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Volpe
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out the decks posted on www.cardgamedb.com.

The earlier decks will be using only the core set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kleo xeon
Cyprus
nicosia
flag msg tools
I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago.

Get a mono faction deck. All the cards of a faction.

Space marines and imperial guard is what I was using at the beginning.

Trim all the 5 credit cost units until you only have one copy of each expensive unit in the decks. These are very expensive for what they give and hard to put down until you have more mastery over resources management.

that should leave you with 58+cards or something.

Add in a couple of copies of the neutral cards. Pirate, Smuggler and Promote comes to mind, but there are others as well.

finally trim a few more cards that seem expensive at four credits, or not so useful like the paycher(it is very usefull, but at the beggining seems useless), but remember to trim only one copy of each, leaving two in.

That's it. You can start the bloodfest now... i mean play.

don't worry about being over 50 cards at this time. the point here is to learn each card and how they work with other cards as well. A few games in you'd be wishing you had one more copy of X card and less of Y because conditions forced a specific strategy on you instead of the other way around.

Do that change and go at it again and again. I would suggest playing 3-5 games before changing the decks so different patterns can emerge.

do that for every faction, and then go into ally decks. By that time it will be second nature identifying combos and maximising combo efficiency.

do the same process for every faction and ally combo and you are there
Otherwise choose what factions feel good to you and do those.

All the best, let me know if you want to know more on each point, since that's a big of a longer discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.