5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Motivation Question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Currently I've never taken 2 motivation skills so I've never looked too closely at the rules, but now I'm playing in a game where someone has taken a second motivation skill and I've been back and taken a look at the skill and it has some weirdness in it's rules I've previously not noticed.

So how do people play motivation?
Motivation wrote:
Once a round, on any players turn:
Flip this to draw 2 cards. If you have the least fame (not tied), also gain..
<snip>
You cannot use another motivation skill until the end of your next turn.
If you play motivation in the middle of your turn as opposed to outside of your turn the following are true?:
1. You are unable to play another motivation skill in your next turn?
2. If it was your last turn of the round you are unable to play motivation in the first turn of the new round? (or does another motivation skill refer to a motivation skill that is not this one?)

I'm not sure if 1 is supposed to be true.
I'm fairly confident that 2 is not supposed to be true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
1. You are unable to play another motivation skill in your next turn?

True. That's what it says. If you play Motivation between your turns, then you can't play another Motivation skill until the end of your next turn. But if you play it during your turn, then that is not "next turn", and so you can't play another Motivation skill until after the end of the turn following the one you are presently taking.

Quote:
2. If it was your last turn of the round you are unable to play motivation in the first turn of the new round?

None of the "until your next turn" effects persist between rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
DaviddesJ wrote:
None of the "until your next turn" effects persist between rounds.
Other until your next turn effects?

I can only think of hand limits right now..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Schneider
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The competitive skills and spells have "until your next turn" persistent effects. There is also the prohibition against being attacked in PvP if one is attacked in PvP and fully attends the combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Motivation already breaks the Interactive skill description, From the rules on skills:
Rules page 4 Using skills 4 b wrote:
Skill tokens with this symbol can be used once a Round, but their effect persists until the start of your next turn.
So it's not following that.

I wonder how people without lost legion play hand limits bonuses, do they carry over between rounds? If so why? Perhaps LL has made me think of the round limit as a more nebulous thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls