Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us/alabama-birmingham-police-d...

With all the recent incidents of police officers shooting "innocent" black men who were just minding their own business what else is a black man supposed to do? Got to get the jump on the white cops before they shoot you in the head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If he would have just not pulled that guy over for the traffic violation then this wouldn't have happened. It's his own fault, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's impossible to know the full details without a bodycam but if the facts are as stated, I hope I'd intervene to help the officer or call for more police to come help the officer.

The police need to be careful of the way they treat the public because there are many public and only a few officers. They need the support of the public to do their job. They are not an invading military force with grossly superior numbers and weaponry.

I condemn the actions of the people who saw the uniform and not the particular officer being beaten and failed to render aid, were sarcastic and saw a potentially fatal beating as a funny event. The odds are high of a death with every hit to the head (I've seen as high as 40% indicating it's much more dangerous than movies and tv shows imply). The officer may have never done anything to merit such treatment.

It's unfortunate that other officers stepped over the line so terribly that another officer felt ill at ease defending themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/us/alabama-birmingham-police-d...

With all the recent incidents of police officers shooting "innocent" black men who were just minding their own business what else is a black man supposed to do? Got to get the jump on the white cops before they shoot you in the head.

Fuck your scare quotes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hard this, yes the police should be able to defend themselves, but do they really need guns to do this against one unarmed man?

It does (however) reinforce what I have been saying, police have to be able to defend themselves, it does not mean they should be able to shoot unarmed people who are not a threat to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
mbmbmbmbmb
"walking on eggshells because of how they're scrutinized in the media."

Sure, blame the media for the problem, asshats.

Yes the media is scrutinising the police, of course they are. The press should be, it's practically their job to report on stuff. The police are being scrutinised because of bad apples in the police who rob stuff for the rest of them.

The real people at fault here are the police that kill people when they shouldn't, and the police forces that cover it up or play it down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
The point of this is that situations like this are exactly why someone can get shot by the police for making something that could possibly be interpreted by the officer as an aggressive move. As I've pointed out before, far more white people get killed by the police than blacks.

The media sensationalism we get every time a white police officer kills a black man makes it seem like the police are out to kill black men. That just is not true on a national basis. Certainly you can find instances of it, but in most cases when a police officer shoots someone it is either just a bad snap decision or a very justifiable one, not one more incident in the 'war on blacks'.

In this case if the officer had shot the black man, the headlines would have been 'another unarmed black man shot by a white police officer', even though clearly the officer would have been justified in shooting the guy in this case.

[edit] I have no issues with anyone who complains about the militarization of the police force and/or claims that the police need to be more careful about putting themselves into situations where they are have to defend themselves with deadly force. My disagreement is with people who claim that the police are purposefully killing black men at statistical rates that are significantly different than the population at large, based on the number of interactions the police have with various racial segments (blacks commit far more crimes proportional to their population).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
The point of this is that situations like this are exactly why someone can get shot by the police for making something that could possibly be interpreted by the officer as an aggressive move. As I've pointed out before, far more white people get killed by the police than blacks.

The media sensationalism we get every time a white police officer kills a black man makes it seem like the police are out to kill black men. That just is not true on a national basis. Certainly you can find instances of it, but in most cases when a police officer shoots someone it is either just a bad snap decision or a very justifiable one, not one more incident in the 'war on blacks'.

In this case if the officer had shot the black man, the headlines would have been 'another unarmed black man shot by a white police officer', even though clearly the officer would have been justified in shooting the guy in this case.

[edit] I have no issues with anyone who complains about the militarization of the police force and/or claims that the police need to be more careful about putting themselves into situations where they are have to defend themselves with deadly force. My disagreement is with people who claim that the police are purposefully killing black men at statistical rates that are significantly different than the population at large, based on the number of interactions the police have with various racial segments (blacks commit far more crimes proportional to their population).
Yet as a percentage of the population blacks are far more likely to be shot then whites (13% of the population (black) make up 29% of those killed by police). As is the number killed who are unarmed (only 15% of whites killed were unarmed as opposed to 30% blacks being unarmed (35 white as opposed to 41 blacks).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
sfox wrote:

Yet as a percentage of the population blacks are far more likely to be shot then whites (13% of the population (black) make up 29% of those killed by police). As is the number killed who are unarmed (only 15% of whites killed were unarmed as opposed to 30% blacks being unarmed (35 white as opposed to 41 blacks).

I've never seen the armed vs. unarmed stat, but blacks commit around 25% of all crime despite making up only 13% of the population. So if blacks commit 25% of the crime and make up 29% of those killed by the police, that isn't so far off as most people try to make it out to be.

It should also be noted that we keep very poor statistics on either of these facts, but various methodologies have shown that the blacks are killed fairly proportionally to the number of crimes they commit.

The point is, you cannot just ignore that blacks commit a far larger share of the total crime compared to their population in any analysis of the number of black men killed by the police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
sfox wrote:

I've never seen the armed vs. unarmed stat, but blacks commit around 25% of all crime despite making up only 13% of the population. So if blacks commit 25% of the crime and make up 29% of those killed by the police, that isn't so far off as most people try to make it out to be.

It should also be noted that we keep very poor statistics on either of these facts, but various methodologies have shown that the blacks are killed fairly proportionally to the number of crimes they commit.

The point is, you cannot just ignore that blacks commit a far larger share of the total crime compared to their population in any analysis of the number of black men killed by the police.
They get prosecuted for more, not that they commit more. Also over 50% of crime goes unsolved, so we do not know the actual race of many of those criminals.

All you can say is that blacks are more likely to get arrested and prosecuted, not that they commit more crime.

Look at the recent events in Ferguson, where blacks were stopped for having guns (not illegal) whilst white carried them openly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
femgoth wrote:
"walking on eggshells because of how they're scrutinized in the media."

Sure, blame the media for the problem, asshats.

Yes the media is scrutinising the police, of course they are. The press should be, it's practically their job to report on stuff. The police are being scrutinised because of bad apples in the police who rob stuff for the rest of them.

The real people at fault here are the police that kill people when they shouldn't, and the police forces that cover it up or play it down.
the pigs are walking on eggshells because they shot humpty dumpty~
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
sfox wrote:
slatersteven wrote:
sfox wrote:

They get prosecuted for more, not that they commit more. Also over 50% of crime goes unsolved, so we do not know the actual race of many of those criminals.

All you can say is that blacks are more likely to get arrested and prosecuted, not that they commit more crime.

Look at the recent events in Ferguson, where blacks were stopped for having guns (not illegal) whilst white carried them openly.

You're point is that black people are shitty criminals?

Racist.
it's one explanation I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
It's hard times for cops, what with the media finally shinning a dim light on the brutality and injustice they generate constantly. My heart just aches for their troubles.

Yep, and because of the media's bs crusade/witch hunt, the cops are holding back.

And now, citizens are paying for it. Especially black citizens.

But...y'know...Black Lives Matter.

Or so they say.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422605/Birmingham-cop-...

Quote:

If the Black Lives Matter movement were correct that law enforcement is a scourge on the black community, this unraveling of proactive policing should be an enormous benefit to black well-being. Instead, the country is seeing the biggest violent-crime spike in 20 years, and the primary victims are, as usual, blacks. In 35 big U.S. cities, homicides are up 19 percent this year on average, according to a survey done by the Major City Chiefs Association. Milwaukee has seen a 118 percent rise in homicides; Minneapolis and St Louis, close to 50 percent; and Baltimore, 60 percent. In Dallas, homicides are up 39 percent; in Houston, 36 percent through mid-July. In Chicago, homicides were up 21 percent as of August 2; in New York, 10 percent. Sixty-two percent of surveyed cities reported increases in non-fatal shootings as well. In Cincinnati, shootings have reached a ten-year-high. As of August 8, the number of shooting victims in Los Angeles was up by 25 percent; violent crime in L.A. has risen by 20 percent.

Let the boys in blue serve and protect. The media won't and BLM is too busy chasing Bernie Sanders off his podium.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
tstone wrote:

Let the boys in blue serve and protect. The media won't and BLM is too busy chasing Bernie Sanders off his podium.

It's time like this that I Wish Was Down In El Salvador!!!

Used to be in a gang
'Till I beat a kid half dead
In a video arcade
Judge gave me a choice: Jail or the Marines
Best time I ever had was being an MP

Aw yeh
I wish I was down in El Salvador
Where I could jerk off with my gun
And kill the poor

More gang busts after I'm discharged
Got on offer from police
Surprise! We'll wipe your record clean
If you'll become one of us

You've got just the skills we need
For the government's official gang
Robothug Riot Squad
Already I want more

Aw yeh,
I wish I was down in El Salvador
We're just countin' days
'Til we can do it up here

Well, Officer Friendly-
What does Elmer the Safety Elephoant
Have to say about this...?
Well, good buddy
I''ll bet he says you can't do this ARGH!
Or this ARGH!
Or this ARGH!
Or even this ARGH!

One of my level headed uniformed friends
shot a handcuffed 12 yr old to death in the back of his patrol car.
"His toy gun looked real
I had to defend myself..."
I'm always lookin' for excuses
To defend myself

People are storming out into the streets
People are poouring out into the streets
They hate me, they hate me

I just might have to defend myself
NOW!

It's party time...

I look at you and smolder
With my nightstick and my shield
Little kids throw rocks at me
Their moms call me a pig

Commander says I gotta hold the line
'Til the TV cameras leave
Then we'll fire away, make my day
Just like good ol' Kent State

Why wait!
It'll be like I was down in El Salvador
Gonna jerk off with my gun
and kill the poor
Be a big man with my gun
And kill the poor

Jerk off with my gun
I think I'm gonna kum
Then I'll kiss my gun good night
And put her under my pillow!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Tries to look hip by quoting someone much cooler.

Just talked to you about that, little peacock. Cut it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
tstone wrote:
Darilian wrote:

There was no greater gift from God than when He begat his OWN TURD, with a great GROANING and Aroma from the Holy Spirit, unto the Shithole that is RSP.

"For Lo! I have Shat into the latrine of BGG, where souls go to die and only the snarkiest may survive! I will call this turd, TREY, and commandeth him to smear feces upon all that is good and snarky with the power of colostomy smarm."

And the Lord then did wipeth his ass, spit a loogie into the toilet bowl of RSP, and flush.

And it was good.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Oh, and by the way-

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
tstone wrote:
Darilian wrote:

There was no greater gift from God than when He begat his OWN TURD, with a great GROANING and Aroma from the Holy Spirit, unto the Shithole that is RSP.

"For Lo! I have Shat into the latrine of BGG, where souls go to die and only the snarkiest may survive! I will call this turd, TREY, and commandeth him to smear feces upon all that is good and snarky with the power of colostomy smarm."

And the Lord then did wipeth his ass, spit a loogie into the toilet bowl of RSP, and flush.

And it was good.

Darilian

Better. Not gold star material, but at least you tried.

Good job.

You get a smilie face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Oh, and by the way-

Darilian

I owned this album before you did, I'll bet.

Just make sure you are blasting it the next time you have to call them.

And let me know, I'll get it on Youtube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell us more, hipster trey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
Shushnik wrote:
It's hard times for cops, what with the media finally shinning a dim light on the brutality and injustice they generate constantly. My heart just aches for their troubles.

Yep, and because of the media's bs crusade/witch hunt, the cops are holding back.

And now, citizens are paying for it. Especially black citizens.

But...y'know...Black Lives Matter.

Or so they say.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422605/Birmingham-cop-...

Quote:

If the Black Lives Matter movement were correct that law enforcement is a scourge on the black community, this unraveling of proactive policing should be an enormous benefit to black well-being. Instead, the country is seeing the biggest violent-crime spike in 20 years, and the primary victims are, as usual, blacks. In 35 big U.S. cities, homicides are up 19 percent this year on average, according to a survey done by the Major City Chiefs Association. Milwaukee has seen a 118 percent rise in homicides; Minneapolis and St Louis, close to 50 percent; and Baltimore, 60 percent. In Dallas, homicides are up 39 percent; in Houston, 36 percent through mid-July. In Chicago, homicides were up 21 percent as of August 2; in New York, 10 percent. Sixty-two percent of surveyed cities reported increases in non-fatal shootings as well. In Cincinnati, shootings have reached a ten-year-high. As of August 8, the number of shooting victims in Los Angeles was up by 25 percent; violent crime in L.A. has risen by 20 percent.

And how many cities has it fallen in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
windsagio wrote:

Hipsters are idiots. And I'm too old to be one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
tstone wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Owning music before someone else did and gloating about it is essentially the defining characteristic of being a hipster. Bonus points if you used to like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, now all my neighbours will have to listen to Full Metal Jackoff for the next 20 minutes or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
tstone wrote:
windsagio wrote:

Owning music before someone else did and gloating about it is essentially the defining characteristic of being a hipster. Bonus points if you used to like it.

I wouldn't know, since I'm not a hipster nor am I schooled in their ways.

Nor do I care to be.

"Used to like"...what? I still like that album.

Though I find it hilarious when geeky suburban white boys flash it as a "stick it to the Man" gesture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |