Eric Teoro
United States
Bloomington
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered Korea: The Forgotten War. For those of you who have played both this and Yalu, would you recommend purchasing Yalu as well? Do the two games compliment each other, feel different enough from each other, etc., to warrant having both? Thank you.

I am posting this question on the Korea: The Forgotten War page as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levandowski
United States
Surprise
AZ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original Conflict Games version of Yalu, and have played Korea: The Forgotten War. I don't know what tweaks the Compass Games version of Yalu has, but I understand the original game is still in the there. So from that perspective, in my opinion the two games compliment each other. Yalu is faster playing, and not as detailed. You can finish a game in one sitting. Still there are some unique rules, particularly for combat resolution, that really give a feel for the period. IMHO, Yalu brings plenty of tension and great gaming. Some folks seem to think that artillery is too powerful, but I never felt that.

Korea The Forgotten War is at the end of the day another great product in the OCS series. If you like OCS...well you know what you will be getting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls