Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert DeArmond
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried out the Season 3 Arson Campaign?
http://cmon.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Zombicide-Campaig...

It looks pretty fun!

Also, does anyone know if Angry Neighbors is required to play the campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Hemmings
United States
Tumwater
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoyed it but it can go a bit long. The end condition of a couple of the scenarios depends on you running out of spawn cards and running out of zombies (once you kill a zombie you take it off the table). If you have many boxed sets or addons this can be hundreds of zombies and or hundreds of cards. Knowing this you can tweak your decks and piles Or you can do like I did and have survivors with close to 200 kills mowing down 20 or more zombies a turn. The scenarios are well written and a lot of fun. They will make you think a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
stuhemmings wrote:
I enjoyed it but it can go a bit long. The end condition of a couple of the scenarios depends on you running out of spawn cards and running out of zombies (once you kill a zombie you take it off the table). If you have many boxed sets or addons this can be hundreds of zombies and or hundreds of cards. Knowing this you can tweak your decks and piles Or you can do like I did and have survivors with close to 200 kills mowing down 20 or more zombies a turn. The scenarios are well written and a lot of fun. They will make you think a bit.

Sounds like it should be perfect for my group, we play zombicide using only the required material and then random decide whetever we should add 0-3 mini expansions like (toxic crowd, zombie dogz, crowz, v.i.p, Lost Nightmares etc.)
Will be sure to take on the campaign next game we have. Totally amped for it even made this guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also known as
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:
[q="stuhemmings"]
Will be sure to take on the campaign next game we have. Totally amped for it even made this guy.

Great job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Ive been playing the campaign with a friend.. its meh..

Has some neat concepts.. we play it with angry neighbord (seekers, vip, crows, crawlers, the lost) and its not too hard with 8 survivors (4 per team)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just finished the first mission.

Only used, Skinners and seekers. Our team was Julien, Ultimate Amy, Lea, Jane, Don, Claudia. We won the first one and finished the fire break objective. Don was a very good help in putting out the fire without forcing too many of the survivors into the yellow danger level. Next up where it all began. Think we have to get to the chopper if we hope to complete the one after the next.

Fun mission completed very fast but could easily have turned into a loong one.
Like the idea of different endings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just finished the second scenario: Where it all began.
Once again lady luck shinned on us and this time we managed to pick up the blue objective as the very first one we bumped into. Then it only took a bit of card grinding for a bunch of turns Before we had the gasolin too. So before we hit orange danger level we was able to end the game. However since the next mission: Zombie Emergencies looks very hard, we decided to hang out by the chopper and kill zombies untill we reached red. The plan was to bring a weapon for each survivor into the next mission, but an abomination forced us to leave earlier than we hoped for. Though we still managed to get two MP5s and an AK47 with us. So we are still ok prepared for the next scenario.

So far the Arson campaign has been a bit easy but luck has been a large part of that. Being able to quench the fire in the first scenario and picking up the blue objective in the second was a lifesaver. That way we could avoid searching through the tent deathtrap and instead spend the miseion to gather guns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Scenario Zombie Emergencies.

And thus ended our 1st attempt at the Arson campaign..

Well armed and prepared for the mission were we as we entered the hospital from the hellipad. Passing through the two hospital tiles seamed easy even at the orange danger level. The first tile was cleaned for zombies within seconds even though an Atomic Abomination spawned. Already on our way to the red danger level we decided that we would go for it so that we could once more keep the MP5's and Ak. But something went wrong in a momment of heroic foolishness. Claudia and Jane went too deep into the hospital by themselves and in the end they would either face one bite from Seeker or risk getting full attcks from three runners if the runners got an extra activation.
It seamed very likely the runners would get the extra activation card so they took the bite from the seeker.
Bad choice it was as the runners never got the EA but another two seeker spawn cards was drawn resulting in claudia getting her second bite and died as we failed the campaign..

It annoys me a great deal.. So much that I believe we will have another attempt. But Iseriously doubt that we will have the same amonut of luck that we had on our first to.

To be continued...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At it again the time for mourning the loss of Claudia has passed and today was the second try of the Arson campaign. Scenario 1: Cornered by flames.
The plane remained unchanged as it worked perfectly the first time however this time we did not manage to put out the flames and instead we had to kill off all the zombies on the board. Though Julien got in a pickle a few times, we managed to solce the mission without too much trouble. An Easy-medium scenario should I think... Next time Fireworks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.