Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think I've found a reason to bump pilots all the way down to Newbie at the start of a game.

Of course its to bump others up to Skilled or higher, but it takes a lot less XP to promote a Newbie or Green pilot than it does to promote Average or Skilled. So if you lower one guy to Newbie to bump two up to Skilled you're really getting your "money's worth" in promotions.

I'll lower a Cobra pilot to Newbie cause they're cheap aircraft with low payloads so they're mainly a supporting role anyway. Keep the newbie out of the heavy fire for two missions and voila he's promoted and you've recouped half the "cost" of your other guys' improved Skills!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joep Fennema
Netherlands
Haarlem
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to exploiting the TAL game system ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still suck as a commander. Think I've only won twice, and that's when I had half the rules wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
I still suck as a commander. Think I've only won twice, and that's when I had half the rules wrong!

can you reroll a dice for the cost of 1 SO ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.