Subject: Loner? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Ward
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "Gain a Sidekick," like with Magik's Rally the New Mutants card, prevent you from gaining the extra 2/// with OML's Loner card?

I'm assuming it does, but the Sidekick cards do make a distinction between recruiting them with stars and gaining them, so I just thought I would ask what you all thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Gaining" isn't "recruiting". I'd assume it triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Itai, and here's why... the FAQ makes a similar comparison to "Gaining" and "Drawing". Wolverine's 'Berserker Rage' allows you to gain +1\\\ for each extra card you drew that turn. If you play Nick Fury's 'Battlefield Promotion', you can KO a SHIELD Hero to 'gain' a SHIELD Officer. This would not count as drawing a card.

Similarly, Spider-Man's 'The Amazing Spider-Man' says to reveal the top 3 cards of your deck and 'put' any cards that cost 2 or less into your hand. 'Putting' a card into your hand is not 'drawing' it. These too would not count towards Wolverine's Rage.

So using that logic, 'Gaining' a Hero is not 'Recruiting' one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.