Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Darkest Night (First edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reducing Darkness w/r/t Necromancer powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Let's say the Darkness is at 10, allowing the Necromancer to create two Blights where there are none. I complete a Dark Tower quest, reducing the Darkness to 8. On the Necromancer's turn he raises it to 9, and moves to a location with no Blights. Does he still create 2?

If not, what if I was using From the Abyss, and drew a Darkness card at 10? Do I discard it if the Darkness is reduced, and draw a new one when it goes back up to 10?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the base game, the Necromancer loses his powers if darkness dips below the corresponding level, and regains them when the darkness gets high again.

If you are playing with darkness cards, the Necromancer never loses a card once he has gained it, no matter what happens to the darkness level. (And he only draws a card the first time the darkness reaches a threshold, so he doesn't get extra cards if darkness goes down and back up.) There would be too many special cases if it worked any other way. (For example: Eclipse.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.