Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to receive their 2014 KS version of this game. Seems like I might be the only once since no one is talking about it at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow Mike. That is bad news. Hopefully Herschel can sort it for you.

It is frustrating that the game didn't make it in any quantity to the UK, so it must be doubly so as a backer not to get your pledge reward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Vaughn
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
Still waiting for mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Louie
Canada
flag msg tools
I am still waiting for mine as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually contacted Herschel today and requested a refund. Issued same day, rather impressed by the turnaround on this.

While I'm disappointed and will think twice before backing other projects from this designer, at least he made right by me. I can't imagine a project going so bad that you have to manage shipping out of your own house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_fantastic wrote:
I can't imagine a project going so bad that you have to manage shipping out of your own house.
Huh? That's almost every Kickstarter... heck, almost every small-time boardgame publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I paid for the quick ship on my order as well.

I was very frustrated with the way the first KS turned out as well, but I'm ok chalking most of the missteps as growing pains. It would have been totally unacceptable if the same had happened with an established developer, but this was Herschel's first time around. It also made me hesitate backing the update/expansion KS, but the completionist in me won out and I ended up backing at the last minute. Thus far things seem much more organized. But then again, production hasn't started yet, so there isn't too much that can go wrong, yet. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Paschal
United States
Sanford
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:

I was very frustrated with the way the first KS turned out as well, but I'm ok chalking most of the missteps as growing pains. It would have been totally unacceptable if the same had happened with an established developer, but this was Herschel's first time around. It also made me hesitate backing the update/expansion KS, but the completionist in me won out and I ended up backing at the last minute. Thus far things seem much more organized. But then again, production hasn't started yet, so there isn't too much that can go wrong, yet. I remain cautiously optimistic.
Production will begin very soon. We got in the final sample of the T-Rex mini, which was the biggest hold out before moving forward with the production. The mini turned out great so now we are waiting on me, the distributor, to gather my numbers and put our order into Herschel to begin immediate production.

This time around it is going to be a 100% better experience for everyone. Herschel has kept a close eye on freight changes that may come about because of new additions to the game. Herschel is also aware now of the pitfalls with the freight companies. Both him and I are working to set a proper street date for retail, so KS backers can enjoy the game they supported first.

Like I said, everything is going to be much better this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
mike_fantastic wrote:
I can't imagine a project going so bad that you have to manage shipping out of your own house.
Huh? That's almost every Kickstarter... heck, almost every small-time boardgame publisher.

This is so true. I have visited more established publishers with piles of boxes in their front-room waiting to be posted out after a KS campaign. Maybe if folks all realised the amateur nature of indie-publishing there would be more understanding (and maybe fewer project creators taking the leap!)

I find it astounding how much effort the KS project creators have to put in, and can only imagine the impact it must have on their personal lives... I am not surprised that a % of mistakes occur and am impressed by how small that % appears to be, even though it is not so good for the individuals concerned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sturm88 wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:

Production will begin very soon. We got in the final sample of the T-Rex mini, which was the biggest hold out before moving forward with the production. The mini turned out great so now we are waiting on me, the distributor, to gather my numbers and put our order into Herschel to begin immediate production.

This time around it is going to be a 100% better experience for everyone. Herschel has kept a close eye on freight changes that may come about because of new additions to the game. Herschel is also aware now of the pitfalls with the freight companies. Both him and I are working to set a proper street date for retail, so KS backers can enjoy the game they supported first.

Like I said, everything is going to be much better this time around.

Awesome! Thanks for checking in and posting this info! And yes, this KS has been a great experience thus far. Can't wait to see the final product!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I almost feel like there are plants in this dicussion steering this from the current situation to the new KS rather than the topic at hand...:what:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mike_fantastic wrote:
I almost feel like there are plants in this dicussion steering this from the current situation to the new KS rather than the topic at hand...

Lol. Tell me your thoughts on Kennedy.

Seriously though, a few of us have already said that we went ahead and paid the extra for to get our games. I highly doubt that you are the only one who is still waiting. I'm just not sure there is too much more to add at this point. And if we remain on topic, all we would end up seeing is a bunch of people posting the same "Got mine." or "Still waiting" one line responses, which I don't really care if it happens, just that it would be pretty bland.

And in any case, I feel like I was fairly vocal when the carpstorm of the first KS hit the fan. I try to be equally vocal when things get fixed because I feel like the negatives things in life get way too much attention already, so I try to remind myself to make an effort to highlight the good things that happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The thing is, he's no longer still waiting because he requested and was granted a refund 3-4 days ago.

mike_fantastic wrote:
I actually contacted Herschel today and requested a refund. Issued same day, rather impressed by the turnaround on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brown
United States
University
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
The thing is, he's no longer still waiting because he requested and was granted a refund 3-4 days ago.

mike_fantastic wrote:

You are correct. That $ promptly went into the copy of Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game I've had my eye on for a couple of months now. Now I'm only waiting for it to hit my doorstep.

And I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist at heart, for the record, proud member of the X-Files generation (man I miss that show!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Jeffries
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm number 821 and got my copy in the mail this weekend. I did not pay extra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey A
msg tools
mbmbmb
#955 here. This game will be in its 3rd printing before I see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m still waiting too.

Maybe my grandchildren will enjoy it someday :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting on the game as well...

A Kickstarter project being late is not a big deal, but I've tried to contact Herschel on Kickstarter and BGG and he has not answered.

I think he just wants to sit it out hoping for people to either request a refund (which makes sense as he's losing money by shipping the game) or pay for shipping.

I don't know, it just seems kind of shady to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See if you can get his attention via the private messages or in the Apex section of

http://diehardgames.forumotion.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey A
msg tools
mbmbmb
What is the proper way to request a refund? The game has taken such a turn from when I funded it, that I'm no longer interested in it anymore anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Herschel emailed me and said that he's still sending out 5 games per week.

Now I'm just wondering how many are left to send out. Because at this rate he only gets 260 done per year and there were 820 backers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman L.
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd edition will be available via retail in january if things don't work out and you decide you would prefer a refund now. i missed the kickstarter so i'll be picking it up then. the gameboard it comes with looks sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Schaub
Switzerland
Thun
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's different in the 2nd edition?

Is the 1st edition playable?

I've waited so long, I could go for a refund anyway. If the first edition has serious flaws or the second edition is much better, that pushes me even more in the direction of a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aras Chi
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 1st edtion (Exotic Predators) v.s. 2nd edition
Both are the base game that consists of 7 Apex decks (Acrocanthosaurus, Carnotaurus, Giganotosaurus, Spinosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Utahraptor, Velociraptor), an environment deck, an affliction deck, an evolve deck, carcass cards, alert cards, defensive cards, disaster area cards, and a hunt deck in several classes.

The first edition:
- is also called "Exotic Predators Limited Edition" which contains additional 2 exclusive Apex decks (Quetzalcoatlus & Sarcosuchus).

In contrast, the second edition comes with:
- a larger box (enough spare space for expansion cards),
- illustrated card dividers (simple card type names printed on dividers in 1st edition),
- revised Rulebook (new mechanics & revised gameplay), and
- revised card texts to mainly reduce word-count.
It also adds:
- a Hunting Grounds game board,
- 6 Nesting Grounds player mats,
- a 80mm T.rex miniature Player Marker, as well as
- 3 Alpha cards (new mechanics) for each Apex deck.
However:
- in term of hunt deck, a few animals are cut.

So, if you don't care about the 2 exclusive Apex decks (Quetzalcoatlus & Sarcosuchus), the second edition should be a better choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aras: Thanks for that summary, it makes me feel a bit better about the two missing decks in the 2nd Edition since at least late buyers are getting some other cool stuff to help compensate for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |