Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I don't own Mage Knight, but I've been asked to make a fancy wooden box for all the components. The owner has the Broken Token insert, so I have a basic length x width measurement, but I need the thickness of all the books and other materials that don't fit in the insert. Any help? A measurement in either mm or 1/8ths of an inch would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever answer you get, add a bit more. I have the base rule books plus the expansion rule books, plus a couple pages of index, a page showing the city enemies, some player aids, some sheets to keep track of games, some sheets of FAQs. i.e. a lot more than the basic rule books. I doubt I'm alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
The spirit of BGG as expressed by Esgaldil: "We lose nothing by trying to be helpful"
mbmbmbmbmb
The two rulebooks and two boards from the base game take up about 9 to 10 mm. I can compress them down to about 6 mm without excess force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait. So the Broken Token insert doesn't leave enough room for the rulebooks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, very cool everyone, thank you.

Hero guy, I'm building a custom box for the game, and I needed to know the height required, that's all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, ok. Cool, because I was thinking of getting one of those Broken Token inserts and not being able to fit the rulebooks in the box would be a deal breaker for me. I've always assumed that the books would fit with the inserts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I just got the Broken Token insert for the game and there is enough room for rulebooks. I only own the base game, so maybe adding three more rulebooks would push the lid up just a little bit, but the lid fits snugly with some room to spare right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Paton
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, just what I needed to know, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls