Mysterium» Forums » General

Subject: Differences Between Mysterium and Tajemnicze Domostwo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
secoAce -
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case people might have missed it, there's a very detailed Publisher Diary explaining the differences between the two games (and they really should be considered 2 different games considering the artwork, backstory, game play and mechanic changes):

Publisher Diary: Mysterium, or What's the Difference Between Mysterium and Tajemnicze Domostwo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The design of the new one is fantastic ok... but I note the rules are quite the same (except a variant for the end) and 2 : we only find 54 dream cards in place of 84 in the old version !!!!
After 4 play with the same players the repeating of the cards is a real problem for this game! I'm sure some expansions (like in Dixit) will arrive...$£€

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Garcia
Portugal
Tomar
Lisboa
flag msg tools
designer
I am addicted to Game Design!
badge
Time flies when designing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
Davestar2 wrote:
The design of the new one is fantastic ok... but I note the rules are quite the same (except a variant for the end) and 2 : we only find 54 dream cards in place of 84 in the old version !!!!
After 4 play with the same players the repeating of the cards is a real problem for this game! I'm sure some expansions (like in Dixit) will arrive...$£€

Actually there are still 84 vision cards in Mysterium.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grognard David
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Immaterial wrote:
Actually there are still 84 vision cards in Mysterium.

yes sorry it's right 84 dream cards and 54 phantom cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kodeski
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not crazy about this version.

The new characters feel like they're from another game - the colors are all rather muted and muddy looking. There's an awful lot of brown and grey.

Also: Does everything lately have to look like it came from a Disney cartoon?

The locations are maybe a little bit better - and I have to say that I like the borderless cards and the matte finish.

The new clairvoyancy component feels tacked on and I watched one group dump it and play by the Polish rules.

The screen, the player markers, the numbered card backs (and probably the crows) are all improvements.

I'd had Mysterium pre-ordered - but, have canceled after seeing it and playing it live.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls