Jeff Cornelius
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are starting our Kickstarter campaign for Campaign Trail on September 16. http://bit.ly/campaigntrail2015

As part of our campaign we want to include some backer influenced characters in the game. However, we are unsure how to approach this. We have two options - 1. have backers pledge to have their picture put in the game or 2. have backers pledge to help create a character by providing a character description and background story that our artist can use to create the look of the character.

We would love to hear your thoughts. Please complete the following poll and let us know what you would prefer as a backer. And as always, any comments and/or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Poll
How would you (as a backer) like to influence and create the characters in Campaign Trail?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I submit a picture, the artist creates a character based on my picture.
56.5% 13
I submit a character description and background story, the artist creates a character based on my input.
43.5% 10
Voters 23
This poll is now closed.   23 answers
Poll created by ondfly123
Closes: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both options, but I think the caricature would be preferable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
ondfly123 wrote:
We would love to hear your thoughts. Please complete the following poll and let us know what you would prefer as a backer. And as always, any comments and/or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Both sound good to me. Just be sure that you phrase your reward correctly to establish that you will maintain artistic control over the result. See here for a lesson in not thinking this through very well...

Lord of the Dead, update 33
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're asking for a premium for this, then I think I'd rather pay for me to represented rather than my ideas. The 2nd option would work well as backer collaboration in the comments section though (similar to how Scoville sourced recipe name ideas).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
Have you read Jamey Stegmaier thoughts now on custom art reward levels kickstarter projects now? It's an interesting read.

http://stonemaiergames.com/3-kickstarter-mistakes-we-made-on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.