Subject: Assistent role (1x) and limited markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to use one of your player markers. If you have none left, you may take on back from whereever you want. Only exception: Markers from the grey spaces to mark which craft building you did already complete...

If you don't want that you cannot use the helper...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cockburn
United Kingdom
Sleaford
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't realise that placing a marker on the '1x' symbol was compulsory. I'd thought it was a kind of optional extra to remind you when you'd used the effect. For many of them it's pretty easy to remember anyway because they are used at a specific point in the round.

You live and learn. I will have to be more careful about marker-deployment in future.

But I've not come close to running out of markers, so the issue hasn't really arisen. In fact in my one multiplayer game (so far) I have lent my markers for other people to use so that they don't get mistaken for some kind of resource. I found this particularly useful for the Gardener when I didn't want to confuse the harvest goods with the '1x' marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Brito
Brazil
Niterói
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Engine
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:
You have to use one of your player markers. If you have none left, you may take on back from whereever you want. Only exception: Markers from the grey spaces to mark which craft building you did already complete...

As mathmethman I also thought this marker was only a reminder that you could not use that helper again in the round, and because it was not related to any physical good or tile that you've got, it should not count towards your marker limit and could be replaced by any other reminder token if you ran out of markers.

If this really is the case I think it creates a strange possibility and so I decided to make another question:

suppose you have have used a 1x helper early in the round and later in the round I run out of markers, need a fresh one and I may remove it from anywhere in my farm. Can I remove the marker that is blocking the use of a 1x helper? Nothing in the rules say that I couldn't... In this case, could I use that helper again?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brito wrote:
bayerbube wrote:

As mathmethman I also thought this marker was only a reminder that you could not use that helper again in the round, and because it was not related to any physical good or tile that you've got, it should not count towards your marker limit and could be replaced by any other reminder token if you ran out of markers.

If this really is the case I think it creates a strange possibility and so I decided to make another question:

suppose you have have used a 1x helper early in the round and later in the round I run out of markers, need a fresh one and I may remove it from anywhere in my farm. Can I remove the marker that is blocking the use of a 1x helper? Nothing in the rules say that I couldn't... In this case, could I use that helper again?

The rules say such a helper can be used once per round. They don't say you can use the helper as long as you have no marker on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brito wrote:

I am sorry to say that the Stronghold version of the rules is not that distinct. In the german rule there it is clearly stated that you cannot remove markes in the described case from helpers or the grey spaces on the board.

This was an inaccuracy from the Spielworxx edition rule book we corrected in the new edition. I guess Stronghold forgot to be clear about that.

There is a section in the rule book on page 6, right column. Right beneath the image and above the beginning of chapter 2.7.2. I try to translate the german text.

Original:
Die 25 Marker eines Spielers sind das Limit! Hat
ein Spieler alle 25 Marker im Einsatz, darf er einen
Spielermarker von seinem Hof oder dem Spielplan
entfernen, bevor er ihn erneut verwenden kann.
Marker auf komplett belieferten Gebäuden oder
1x ! Helfern, dürfen nicht entfernt werden.

Tranlation by me:
The 25 markers are the maximum a player can
have!
If a player has all 25 markers in use (this rarely
happens!), he may remove any one marker from
his farm or the game board to use as part of his
current action. Markers on completely filled craft buildings and 1x-helpers may not be removed.

I hope that clears that up. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Brito
Brazil
Niterói
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Engine
mbmbmbmbmb
bayerbube wrote:

Tranlation by me:
The 25 markers are the maximum a player can
have!
If a player has all 25 markers in use (this rarely
happens!), he may remove any one marker from
his farm or the game board to use as part of his
current action. Markers on completely filled craft buildings and 1x-helpers may not be removed.

I hope that clears that up. Thanks!

Yes, the underlined statement is missing in the english rules. Thanks for the explanation.

I suppose the statement should include markers used to block trade commodity actions due to the use of #66 helper (Long Distance Trader), but it's a too particular case anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ode.
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
brito wrote:
[q="bayerbube"]
I suppose the statement should include markers used to block trade commodity actions due to the use of #66 helper (Long Distance Trader), but it's a too particular case anyway.

You are right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls