Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because until now, I hadn't realized you can reflect enemy pieces (with the reflected versions becoming your color).

Raise your hand if you didn't know that until just now either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Because until now, I hadn't realized you can reflect enemy pieces (with the reflected versions becoming your color).

I totally knew that.

Of course, I was the one who used it that way.

For all the good it did me - you still ruled that game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crud. And I just realized that I completely forgot about being able to use an opponent's piece in a summon in a 3 player game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
Crud. And I just realized that I completely forgot about being able to use an opponent's piece in a summon in a 3 player game!

Oh! That makes a big difference. One of my improvised summons was pretty crucial for getting momentum back when the two of you had me down to very few pieces, but I think I forgot it was an option until about halfway into the game too.

I can never really decide what I think of 3p. It's an interesting game, but inevitably each person spends many turns feeling like both other players are targeting them. It's stressful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
I can never really decide what I think of 3p. It's an interesting game, but inevitably each person spends many turns feeling like both other players are targeting them. It's stressful.

I haven't felt like that in either of the 3p games, but in both I've felt like I just couldn't manage to score points against one of the other players. In that game, for example, I had a decent score against you, but just couldn't get to the other player. Yet at the same time, she wasn't doing very well and you were clobbering us, so I'd have rather been costing you pieces...but got little benefit from doing so.

Like you said, its interesting, but I think I strongly prefer high form.

Lisa, meanwhile, felt like she couldn't even get rolling; that she was just stuck in a cycle of putting out two pieces and then having two pieces destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Honore
France
Berzé la ville
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:

Well I didn't ! Thanks !)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.