BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » United States » Southeast

Subject: Looking for group/gamers in New Orleans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jean-louis dirion
France
flag msg tools
Hi all,
I'm just arrived to New Orleans (uptown) from France and I'm looking for a group or players. I'm interested by wargames (GMT products for example, card driven games, multi player games ...).
Today, I've no game here (they are all stayed in France).

Jean Louis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bon Jour, Bienvenue! Unfortunately I left New Orleans after Katrina
I've been gone going on 10 years and no longer have any idea about the scene. It's too bad, because it looks like we may hav become fast friends...Good luck!
S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Jean Louis, bienvenue a Louisianne!

I visit New Orleans frequently for family and business, but I have not yet been able to visit any of the gaming groups. There is more information at meetup.com but here is what I know is happening in and around New Orleans:

There are two excellent game stores:
-- +1 Gaming in Metairie
-- Go 4 Games also in Metairie.

I have visited both stores and they both have a great selection and places to play.

There are a number of groups that meet:
--Monday (tonight) is the group at Go 4 Games (701 David Drive) at 7 PM
--Thursday is game night at +1 Gaming
--Friday is board game nigh at the Rook Cafe on Freret St (in New Orleans)at 6PM
--Sunday is board game night at Zotz Cafe on Oak St at 7PM

I think there are some other groups that meet in and around New Orleans, but again I have not yet been able to make those.

I hope this helps! I would love to game with you when I am in town, so message me if you want to meet up at one of the sites.

BJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Tink
msg tools
Hello Jean Louis,
I live in Old Metairie and I'm a huge boardgame fan. I've just started experimenting with Advanced European Theater of Operations (AETO) and also up for any other type of strategy game.

Cheers,
Roland
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the gang at Tubby & Coo's bookstore runs a weekly game night. Hope you found some good groups with which to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michi
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to New Orleans!

There are a few groups in New Orleans that are great! I attend the GALs group on Mondays, +1 Gaming's game day on Thursday and I have my own Munchkin game group. I have a holiday game day this Saturday at Go4Games this Saturday for Munchkin if you or friends are interested.

GALs: Gamers Association of Louisiana - https://www.facebook.com/groups/134994389899351/

My Munchkin Group - Munchkins of Nola: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nolamunchkins/

I hope to see you at one of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.