The Witcher Adventure Game» Forums » News

Subject: NO Expansion - confirmed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Šeiner
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools

So no. THank you all for any mods for this game. I got it for birthday and dont want to forget it just because vanila is not good enough
R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight is making the new Runebound which is like 80% The Witcher from a mechanics perspective. Not surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a FFG game, they were just the publisher (hence why the OP asked CDPR). My guess is CD Projekt Red never intended to expand it. It's just a companion piece to the Witcher franchise, not itself a continually supported product.

I wonder if Ignacy will post any of the material he had for expansions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn It!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying there will 100% be more material for this game, but there's no expansion planned until the day there is one.

They're not going to break the news in a reply to a private email, and the answer will be no until a news announcement says otherwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
It's not a FFG game, they were just the publisher (hence why the OP asked CDPR). My guess is CD Projekt Red never intended to expand it. It's just a companion piece to the Witcher franchise, not itself a continually supported product.

Ignacy already confirmed he gave his expansion plans to FFG when he finished witcher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Montag451 wrote:

Ignacy already confirmed he gave his expansion plans to FFG when he finished witcher.
Which doesn't mean anything. If CDPR isn't interested, no one makes an expansion.

Usually when things are in development, companies are more dodgy with answers. Like "there's nothing we can tell you at this time", or something. "We don't plan on it" probably means it's not on their to-do list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Montag451 wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Montag451 wrote:

Which doesn't mean anything. If CDPR isn't interested, no one makes an expansion.

Usually when things are in development, companies are more dodgy with answers. Like "there's nothing we can tell you at this time", or something. "We don't plan on it" probably means it's not on their to-do list.

I don't follow. He said it was completely up to FFG if they wanted to produce it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't sell well enough. Not everything needs or should have an expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:

I don't follow. He said it was completely up to FFG if they wanted to produce it or not.
I don't know why he said that. It's not FFG's project. Like I said, if CDPR isn't interested, we probably won't see anything from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Not everything needs or should have an expansion.
No, and I'm not one who digs expansions, but it would be nice to have Yennefer and Ciri as playable characters, since they are so much more important in the books than Triss or Yarpen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Montag451 wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Montag451 wrote:

No it isn't up to FFG, it's up to CDPR who owns the game as well as much of the artwork. If they're not game, FFG can't do anything really (and it's not like they are interested considering the low sales).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Cox
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverfade wrote:
I'm not saying there will 100% be more material for this game, but there's no expansion planned until the day there is one.

They're not going to break the news in a reply to a private email, and the answer will be no until a news announcement says otherwise.

Yeah, 'at this time there are no plans' doesn't tell us anything other than the fact that no expansion has been announced. Unless this company operates in quite an unusual way; but the use of that phrase in the first place tends to suggest that's not the case.

As Neverfade suggests, the way it usually goes is 'no plans no plans no plans no plans PLANS!'

Not saying there will or won't be an expansion. Just that they'd say that same thing either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Didn't sell well enough. Not everything needs or should have an expansion.

This game would probably be really fun as a coop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Konieczny
Poland
Katowice
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Ignacy active here? Maybe he could be convinced to release his materials here. He did, after all, release some extra adventures for Robinson Cruzoe for free download.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls