Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

ZhanGuo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wall bonus for areas where officials equal to or greater than unrest rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
Love the world.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this score in an area where there are no officials (and no unrest)? That would be equal (zero-zero). I couldn't find an answer, but maybe I overlooked it. Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobbes wrote:
Does this score in an area where there are no officials (and no unrest)? That would be equal (zero-zero). I couldn't find an answer, but maybe I overlooked it. Thanks.

Yes, zero equals zero.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(10-(4+[2*3]))+((2*5)-(5+5))=0

yeah zero still equals zero no matter how you set it up.

As for in the rulebook, I don't think it explicitly reads anything other than using the sign for "greater than or equal to" on the tile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that zero is zero or greater, so this wall pays out if you have no officials and the unrest is zero.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously?? I played this last night and we played it saying that u had to at least ha e SOMETHING in a region to be able to score. So if your region had no officials and no unrest you scored nothing for that region. We thought it was kind of a generic rule in many other games that to score you had to at least have something.

Geez they could have mentioned this in the rules! This would have caused someone else to win. Ah well... Have to play it again i guess
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Seriously?? I played this last night and we played it saying that u had to at least ha e SOMETHING in a region to be able to score. So if your region had no officials and no unrest you scored nothing for that region. We thought it was kind of a generic rule in many other games that to score you had to at least have something.

Geez they could have mentioned this in the rules! This would have caused someone else to win. Ah well... Have to play it again i guess

They did mention it in the rules. The problem is your preconceptions. There is nothing in the rule book that suggests you need to have at least one official. If that were the rule it would be a special case that if you have zero unrest you still need at least one official.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You know something Jon Ben...I've been reading your responses to a lot of other posts in this game's forums and you sound like a jerk. As I mentioned above I was applying my previous experience from other games. And yes I agree that in the rules of Zhanguo they don't suggest that you need one official in the space they also don't come right out and say that if the region is completely empty you still score. This creates a situation where it can be interpreted in different ways (yes we don't always think like you do) hence why I asked other players here for their thoughts and opinions. What I didn't ask for is your attitude so keep that to yourself.

When you design a game you can be ignorant towards all of us for not understanding how you perceive things but until then, check your attitude.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
You know something Jon Ben...I've been reading your responses to a lot of other posts in this game's forums and you sound like a jerk. As I mentioned above I was applying my previous experience from other games. And yes I agree that in the rules of Zhanguo they don't suggest that you need one official in the space they also don't come right out and say that if the region is completely empty you still score. This creates a situation where it can be interpreted in different ways (yes we don't always think like you do) hence why I asked other players here for their thoughts and opinions. What I didn't ask for is your attitude so keep that to yourself.

When you design a game you can be ignorant towards all of us for not understanding how you perceive things but until then, check your attitude.

Your perception of my attitude is inaccurate. Whatever you're reading into my words is on you. I can give you reams of character references upon request.

I was simply pointing out how you may have deduced the correct ruling from the rules. I don't expect everyone to read rules correctly the first time which is why I bother to help others by posting in the rules forums to many games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls