Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minor clarification as I'm pretty sure we understand this, but it just felt weird:

The reward for selecting contract #6 is only accessible to the very first person who places in that action space per round, and if they opt to not engage it (or can't) then the potential evaporates for all other players till the next round refresh, right? This could also stand for the #5 if the initial player selects 2 contracts (irrespective of which contract tier they select).

We feel confident that this is correct, but it felt so off to us that I had to ask.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Feld Fan
United States
flag msg tools
Anarchosyn wrote:
Minor clarification as I'm pretty sure we understand this, but it just felt weird:

The reward for selecting contract #6 is only accessible to the very first person who places in that action space per round, and if they opt to not engage it (or can't) then the potential evaporates for all other players till the next round refresh, right? This could also stand for the #5 if the initial player selects 2 contracts (irrespective of which contract tier they select).

We feel confident that this is correct, but it felt so off to us that I had to ask.

You got it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed you are correct. If someone takes a contract or two, the rest slide to the left and would negate the possibility of gaining the 5 or 6 level contract because there would be no contracts there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Morgan
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikingblood80 wrote:
Correct.

Sometimes you only use that contract action spot just to be able to get your missing combination of camels and money in 1 single turn. It is the only spot on the board where this is possible (getting camels and money in the same time)!

This is also brilliant design with placing a 6 there all combinations of camels |money (0|3, 1|2, 2|1, 3|0) are possible!!!!

I thought that when placing a 6 on the contract spot and taking the contract on the 6 space you get your choice of 2 money or 2 camels. What are you talking about in regards to the 4 different combinations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Munro-Chitty
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the OP meant the case where you would take the 5 and 6 contract. In that case you would receive a combination of camels and/or money.

Bighab wrote:
Vikingblood80 wrote:
Correct.

Sometimes you only use that contract action spot just to be able to get your missing combination of camels and money in 1 single turn. It is the only spot on the board where this is possible (getting camels and money in the same time)!

This is also brilliant design with placing a 6 there all combinations of camels |money (0|3, 1|2, 2|1, 3|0) are possible!!!!

I thought that when placing a 6 on the contract spot and taking the contract on the 6 space you get your choice of 2 money or 2 camels. What are you talking about in regards to the 4 different combinations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls