Popular Tags: [View All]
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
GamerDAD!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm looking at decks other people make I only see at max 2 of the same unique cards. I'm guessing this comes mostly from 1.0 where Valar made dupes pretty bad. Is there any sence in buying a 3rd coreset when you won't be using all the uniques out of it? Do you think 3 of the same uniques will be viable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grivel
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been debating this myself but I think a third core set is necessary to be competitive right now. Whether this will be the case once the cardpool expands remains to be seen. I think the cards that are going to make a third core necessary are the faction specific events and non unique characters. For example you probably want 3 fiery followers and three seen in flames to build a competitive core set Baratheon deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think once we get a couple of years from now and there are three full cycles out, maybe we'll get to the point where we drop the recommendation to only 2 core sets for new players, but right now, if you have fewer than 3 you can be feeling the pinch. Fealty Agenda can't be played at all with fewer than 3 Core sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone you play with is like "oooh, I can survive on just 1 core", then you should play 3 Varys and many 3 of Uniques, and board wipe them while saving your guys until you beat them into submission and they go buy more cores. Same with 2 cores, but at least they have a little hope of saving themself from the Varys effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.