Popular Tags: [View All]
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Im interested in buying this game. But i have a question. Is it possible to bring in a new character in the middle of a campain so to speak?

I have a very large gaming group and we are not always the same people playing all the games. And since this is a game that you develop characters in, is it possible to for say one game only bring in a rookie character just for that one game or do the characters have to be at the same experience level for the game to work?

Me and my closest two friends are going to have a character each. But do we have to be the three of us everytime we play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris D
Italy
Muggiò
MB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use whatever characters you want and mix different level characters freely, keeping in mind that the game has a threshold system for gaining karma (experience points).

So if there is a huge difference in Karma between the characters you might have to choose between playing a mission adding difficulty options in order to let the higher level characters gain Karma from the mission (and speed up the leveling of the low ones), with a higher risk for the non-upgraded character to get staggered or die and thus fail the mission. Or, you could play the mission on lower difficulties for a higher chance of success, but the higher level characters could get none or very little karma.

It there's not a huge difference, it's all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nathan moore
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
You can have different level charaters playing together. There is no campaign just two different missions ( same thing but they play out slightly differently). The experience you gain after completing a mission ( which to start with is very difficult) is called karma, the more you have the less you get as a reward at the end of completing a mission. There are several ways to make the mission harder to get more karma at the end ( which you'll have to do once you start getting a couple of upgrades). So if you play a basic mission with another player (with a low level character) they will get more karma at end ,and so catch up.
The game scales well with different player counts and levels. don't worry about out levelling other people, just getting 2 upgrades is ALOT of playthroughs .
This is one of my wife's favourite games, it's very much a puzzle game so don't get frustrated at the beginning. I suggest watching some of the playthrough videos on their website p, they're very informative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Holmberg
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, nice! Thanks guys!
Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.